Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Toney though? Won't get off the bench.
I thought IT played well against Belgium. Linked up well with JB and has the nous to buy a pen. OW is more of an over the top and run on to the ball kind of player which is not really how England play. maybe tried too hard.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Pleased for Dunk, and pleased no Grealish.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Dunky must be likely to start.

I assumed Slabhead would be a shoo -in and Dunky would be bench warming.
Expect Dunky to be given the defensive duties and Guehi or Stones to be more expansive.

He's ready for it.
Neither Guehi nor Stones can defend. That's my worry. Dunky will be putting out fires all day long with either of those two being "expansive" which, in Guehi's case in Monday's match, means giving the ball away just outside your own area because you can't make a 5 yard pass. As I've mentioned before, Guehi was ok in Hodgson's 8 man defence but even Waistcoat doesn't play that way any more.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think there’s a decent chance Lewis will start alongside Stones. This would be the experienced pairing from the possible selections. Well done Dunky, first Albion player in an England tournament squad since 1982. Very happy for him!
Ben White? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oops!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just wish Dunk had been picked a couple of years earlier. Then he'd have the confidence to perform on the international stage. As it is, there's a fair chance nerves will affect him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here