Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drunk at work

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They didn't fall over very often.

But I seem to remember having to get Cabs into work in the early hours of the morning and trying to read core dumps whilst completely pissed. That was a regular occurence for me in the early 80s. :nono:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Sobered up quickly, I see?

Well if you read my above post I state I am hungover the drunkenness only lasted this morning.

If you are making ajoke about my poor spelling previously, that is because I was posting thus morning and now, from my phone and the keyboard is far to small for. my fatfingers. The above was wrote on my lunch on a proper keyboard, hence the better spelling and order.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What job do you do?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But I seem to remember having to get Cabs into work in the early hours of the morning and trying to read core dumps whilst completely pissed. That was a regular occurence for me in the early 80s. :nono:

You mean to say you didn't look at the lights ? (That was 360s). I was working at Amex when they got their first 370 and the tech manager said how boring it looked !

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Go on, you're a brain surgeon aren't you ?

And you're a comedian?

May I ask why you are being such a dick to me? You don't approve, get over it. No one is hurt, least of all you (unless it was your daughter) and no laws were broken. I had some fun and made a mistake and you, a guy I have never met nor want to has got on his high horse. Is your mother an alcoholic?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joking aside, what's the point of the thread if we don't know what you do?

On the one hand if you were a Fleet Street journalist then clearly being hungover is a necessary requirement of the job. On the other hand, if you're a share trader then I'm cashing in my ISA now.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i used to go to work in all sorts of states - and just about pull thro big meetings etc.

the trick was those 1000% vitamin C tablets and that stuff you put in ur eyes to make them PURE white.

sometimes i looked fresh but inside i was all over the place. once i was too scared to get up to grab a coffee from the kitchen as i didnt think i would make it. :nono:

now i dont work for anyone else, and dont drink :clap:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I love the people getting all holier than thou on here! Surely everyone's been to work with a hangover or still feeling a bit drunk a few times?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And you're a comedian?

May I ask why you are being such a dick to me? You don't approve, get over it. No one is hurt, least of all you (unless it was your daughter) and no laws were broken. I had some fun and made a mistake and you, a guy I have never met nor want to has got on his high horse. Is your mother an alcoholic?

Woah ! Back up there, I'm not the person having a go at you (but I will if you want).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love the people getting all holier than thou on here! Surely everyone's been to work with a hangover or still feeling a bit drunk a few times?

Yes, some people are making sweeping assumptions with their sanctimonious remarks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I used to be an IBM VM sys prog, back in the day. Now I use various Virtual Machine offerings under Windows 7. Mind you, with MVS systems (big mainframes) the would spend 73% of their processing cruching IBM code before they got to the user's programs. They didn't fall over very often.

That has got to be a letter in Viz ..... surely :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
And you're a comedian?

:laugh:

NSC is full of gimps, don't worry about it mate. Probably jealousy as you got laid.

Crack on

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The sarcastic comment was hardly favourable to me. If meant in jest I apologise I get rather grouchy when tired.

That's not just tired it's hungover. Never mind home time in less than two hours.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I know how you feel mate. Me and a mate ended up back at these birds house last night and ended up doing numerous lines of coke off their tits. Shagged all night and didn`t get back to 8 this morning. Trouble is I`ve got to take the confessionals today after I do the lunchtime mass and I feel wrecked.

:laugh:
Post of the day!

Post of the decade !!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Nope never in the 32 years of my working career.
No problem with those that have, their choice, their decision, but its a big brush your using to suggest everyone has.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You've lived a sheltered life my friend

QUOTE=Programme_Seller;3416677]Nope never in the 32 years of my working career.
No problem with those that have, their choice, their decision, but its a big brush your using to suggest everyone has.[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here