Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drugs

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hampden park said:
sorry maffew, i forgot to mention that i have given up smoking and have not smoked for 12 months, 2 weeks, 5 days and 11 hours.

given the choice of having a fag or heroin i would choose a fag

given the choice of having a pint or a coke (charlie) i would pick a pint.

clear enough now maffew :smokin:

think you completely missed the point there :dunce:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
maffew said:
think you completely missed the point there :dunce:
Originally posted by maffew
Of course they're drugs. Nicotene is more addictive than heroine and if alcohol was discovered now it wouldnt even be allowed to be sold. Alcohol is more certainly more dangerous to people than canabbis, and I'd say to some people with the wrong mentality can be more dangerous than some 'hard' drugs like e's or coke

lets try again maffew eh

nicotene is more addictive than heroine. give me a cigarette anyday.

give me someone who's had too much to drink rather than someone who's high on e's or coke.

therefore, i would rather have a pint than e's or coke.

:salute: :dunce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
hampden park said:
Of course they're drugs. Nicotene is more addictive than heroine and if alcohol was discovered now it wouldnt even be allowed to be sold. Alcohol is more certainly more dangerous to people than canabbis, and I'd say to some people with the wrong mentality can be more dangerous than some 'hard' drugs like e's or coke

lets try again maffew eh

give me someone who's had too much to drink rather than someone who's high on e's or coke.

You're generalising.

Would you have a pill in the pub? Probably not but you would have a pint. People only take pills when going out to enhance their enjoyment of an evening, same with coke really. You know this, why are you comparing them?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hampden park said:

lets try again maffew eh

Like i said mate, completely missing the point. Where did I say nicotine is worse than heroine because its more addictive or e's or coke are good?

my point was that alcohol and nicotine are addictive drugs with side effects, though because they are legal people perceive them differently

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hampden park said:

lets try again maffew eh

incidentally there are people I would rather be around if they'd had a pill or done some coke rather than had too much to drink but that wasnt my point

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You're generalising.

Would you have a pill in the pub? Probably not but you would have a pint. People only take pills when going out to enhance their enjoyment of an evening, same with coke really. You know this, why are you comparing them?

cts, i just dont understand why people have to pop pills and take tablets to "enjoy" and enhance their evenings out. i enjoy a pint and did enjoy a fag but now that seems to be wrong as nicotene and alcohol are being compared to illegal drugs.

a druggy is a druggy is a druggy imho.
if i enjoy a pint then i must be a druggy that takes alcohol :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
hampden park said:
cts, i just dont understand why people have to pop pills and take tablets to "enjoy" and enhance their evenings out. i enjoy a pint and did enjoy a fag but now that seems to be wrong as nicotene and alcohol are being compared to illegal drugs.

Exactly.

Whatever you say about it THOUSANDS of people safely take pills and coke and all sorts of things at the weekend. THey don't tend to affect the lives of others and they just get on with it.

Go down West Street on a friday/saturday night amongst all the pissed up wankers down there and tell me what's better, those dancing away on pills or those who have had a few beers and are starting fights. I know who I'd rather be with.

BTW I'm not advocating drugs and I don't take them much (relatively) and I do like a drink. I just think there are a lot of people that look at drugs and thnk anyone that takes them deserves everything they get and, IMO, that is very wrong.

Live and let live innit.

:)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
hampden park said:

Just because somebody takes drugs occasionally does not make them a druggy, no more than somebody who enjoys a few pints is not an alcoholic!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hampden park said:
a druggy is a druggy is a druggy imho

thats a very blinkered view on things

You enjoy a pint, fair play, most people do. Though there are a lot of people who cant handle it and beat women up so shouldnt go near it. So I think comparing it to illegal drugs is fair enough. Some shouldnt go near them, for others it might be ok

maffew said:
thats a very blinkered view on things

You enjoy a pint, fair play, most people do. Though there are a lot of people who cant handle it and beat women up so shouldnt go near it. So I think comparing it to illegal drugs is fair enough. Some shouldnt go near them, for others it might be ok

Although not many people burgle houses, rip off relatives and do street muggings because they really realy need a pint!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Soton Seagull said:
Although not many people burgle houses, rip off relatives and do street muggings because they really realy need a pint!

nor do they if they like a smoke or do a pill

and some gamblers may do and thats legal, though thats another argument

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No nicotine for ages, booze in minor moderation, proplus when I need to stay awake for a while, paracetamol to get rid of the headache that proplus gives me, and adrenaline!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
hampden park said:

I have dabbled in various substances legal and illegal and I have to say in my opinion the least harmful is Canabis, I personally feel happy and enjoy myself after a smoke and wihtout the hangover and such like that alchohol brings. I've never known a stoned person to start fights either.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
tinx said:
I have dabbled in various substances legal and illegal and I have to say in my opinion the least harmful is Canabis, I personally feel happy and enjoy myself after a smoke and wihtout the hangover and such like that alchohol brings. I've never known a stoned person to start fights either.

maybe not when they are high, but when they are coming down or want another fix they can and are very aggressive. cannabis is now (according to a quack) effecting/affecting the users sub-conscious(sp).

this argument/discussion could go on forever :nono:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I drink, but not very often, certainly not enough to be classed as a binge drinker.

I don't smoke but I did.

Ecstacy, cocaine, ketamine, speed, acid, mushrooms,pot, I've tried them all.

Out of those, I'll only do E out of them on the occasions when I go clubbing and I won't mix it at all.

I guess I must be a druggy.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Barnet Seagull said:
I drink, but not very often, certainly not enough to be classed as a binge drinker.

I don't smoke but I did.

Ecstacy, cocaine, ketamine, speed, acid, mushrooms,pot, I've tried them all.

Out of those, I'll only do E out of them on the occasions when I go clubbing and I won't mix it at all.

I guess I must be a druggy.

yeah you probably rob houses as well that means

hampden park said:
i just dont understand why people have to pop pills and take tablets to "enjoy" and enhance their evenings out. i enjoy a pint and did enjoy a fag

I don't understand the logic in your argument. If you enjoy a pint then you know why people take drugs to enhance their evening. Alcohol is a drug like any other, it just happens to be legal and socially acceptable. It annoys me when people who drink and smoke try and take the moral high ground. The cost to society from alcohol abuse and cigarette addiction is a hundred times greater than that from cocaine or ecstasy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here