Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinks bottles at the Amex

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm a fan of most of what PBOBE has done .... but .... this bottle top ban is ridiculous. It annoys me on so many levels. Firstly, a FIZZY drink needs to remain FIZZY by putting the cap back on. Flat fizzy drinks are awful. I'm sure PBOBE doesn't have the bubbles sucked out of his pre-match champers.

Secondly, there are far better objects to throw on to the pitch - celery, toilet roles, hot pies and coins.

It's an utterly pathetic and pointless rule and I will continue to smuggle bottle tops into the ground.
Fun fact: A fizzy drink stays fizzy longer in the bottle with the cap off than if you pour it in to a glass.
Top tip: If you have a fizzy drink in a restaurant, cafe, bar or wherever and the server brings a glass and a topless bottle, pour the drink as required and leave the rest in the bottle till needed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fun fact: A fizzy drink stays fizzy longer in the bottle with the cap off than if you pour it in to a glass.
Top tip: If you have a fizzy drink in a restaurant, cafe, bar or wherever and the server brings a glass and a topless bottle, pour the drink as required and leave the rest in the bottle till needed.
I look forward to being given a glass to drink my coke out of :wink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At Burnley last year they wouldn't let me in the ground with a full bottle of water even though there was no cap on it. They made me empty the bottle.

I had then had to queue up at the kiosk to get it filled, because there was no water dispenser, and only hot water in the loos. Even then they initially refused and said that they 'couldn't' - until I pointed out I could see the sink and it had two taps.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thank your lucky stars you didn't take in some Wine Gums.

Had mine confiscated 3 years ago (as apparently I could throw them at the players) - Really? I'm just of pensionable age now.

The gall of it all was seeing the steward eating them as I left the ground!
Soft mints are allowed …least they’ve never confiscated mine, just took the catapult off me 😉

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
the warm tap water in the toilets - no thanks, and joining the massive kiosk queue for tap water, seems needless. I wonder why a few refill stations can’t be put in? and if they want to cash in, they could sell reusable bottles too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a fan of most of what PBOBE has done .... but .... this bottle top ban is ridiculous. It annoys me on so many levels. Firstly, a FIZZY drink needs to remain FIZZY by putting the cap back on. Flat fizzy drinks are awful. I'm sure PBOBE doesn't have the bubbles sucked out of his pre-match champers.

Secondly, there are far better objects to throw on to the pitch - celery, toilet roles, hot pies and coins.

It's an utterly pathetic and pointless rule and I will continue to smuggle bottle tops into the ground.
And if you had followed previous threads on this you'd know it's not PB but pretty much an EPL rule! We were one of the last clubs to comply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here