Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinks bottles at the Amex

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
My 750ml reusable bottle was confiscated last weekend. What is the deal with this? It’s one of those types of bottles with a secure lid. what’s the risk - that I get upset and chuck more than 500 ml of water over someone, but 500 ml would be fine? Also this means I’m not allowed to drink more than 500 ml during my 2 hours in the stadium unless I buy a drink?
I would hope the club would be actively encouraging people to bring reusable bottles etc?
If it’s about the risk of something else dangerous being in the bottle - it’s simple, lots of places make you have a drink out of it to demonstrate there’s nothing dangerous inside.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My 750ml reusable bottle was confiscated last weekend. What is the deal with this? It’s one of those types of bottles with a secure lid. what’s the risk - that I get upset and chuck more than 500 ml of water over someone, but 500 ml would be fine? Also this means I’m not allowed to drink more than 500 ml during my 2 hours in the stadium unless I buy a drink?
I would hope the club would be actively encouraging people to bring reusable bottles etc?
If it’s about the risk of something else dangerous being in the bottle - it’s simple, lots of places make you have a drink out of it to demonstrate there’s nothing dangerous inside.
Isn’t it more about chucking a heavy sealed bottle. Where do you stop? 1 litre, or 2??

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
How often do people chuck their bottles around? Was this a big problem before they stopped it?
I’ve never known this at any other venues - most are actively encouraging reusable bottles. I think if having a restriction on bottle size, then more outlets for refilling should be available? I’m not aware of any?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s a banned item, clear on the website :shrug: Also, you can get free water from the kiosks So there’s no restriction on the volume you can drink.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How often do people chuck their bottles around? Was this a big problem before they stopped it?
I’ve never known this at any other venues - most are actively encouraging reusable bottles. I think if having a restriction on bottle size, then more outlets for refilling should be available? I’m not aware of any?
WSU has a water machine on the concourse in between the kiosk at the north end and the middle kiosk. Other concourses have probably got them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The lid is the (perceived) issue not the size of the bottle.

Shirley if they can identify someone throwing a coin,a bottle isn’t difficult to trace. I think we all know by now that the club would take a zero tolerance approach of any of us luzzed a bottle onto the pitch so a deterrent is there

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was surpised on last visit to Arsenal that they let my son in with a sealed 1.5l bottle of water in his hand and didnt blink an eye. The food outlet also gave out drinks with lids. It really is ridiculously ott that we cant have them at The Amex.
Considering it was an Arsenal fan luzzing a bottle of Evian at Dele Ali that got Barber all hot and bothered about bottle lids that is a piss take.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
so is the issue that I may lob a bottle onto the pitch (it wouldn’t go further than row S from where I sit) or that I’d unscrew the lid and lob that? I get that it’s banned “because the website says so” …but I’m just curious as to the reason.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
What if you’re smuggling alcohol to your seat, a swig of your drink wouldn’t stop that.

But, yes the whole bottle top thing seems to be addressing an issue that never existed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
so is the issue that I may lob a bottle onto the pitch (it wouldn’t go further than row S from where I sit) or that I’d unscrew the lid and lob that? I get that it’s banned “because the website says so” …but I’m just curious as to the reason.
The logic is that a bottle without a bottle top will lose some of its contents en route, making it less heavy when it hits its “target”. It’s not just the players that are being protected, it’s those sitting on Row S (as per your example).

I don’t think anyone has suggested that you might throw the bottle top.🤣

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
In response to your post here are a couple of things to point out (if I’m correct that is!). Firstly, you are within your your rights to ask for a free glass of tap water at any any of the kiosks. Secondly, the policy of banning certain sizes of water bottles, and with tops off, is a security measure introduced by the football authorities/police which the club must adhere to. All a bit over the top I must admit but that’s the price the decent majority of us have to pay for the minority of twats being twattish.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm a fan of most of what PBOBE has done .... but .... this bottle top ban is ridiculous. It annoys me on so many levels. Firstly, a FIZZY drink needs to remain FIZZY by putting the cap back on. Flat fizzy drinks are awful. I'm sure PBOBE doesn't have the bubbles sucked out of his pre-match champers.

Secondly, there are far better objects to throw on to the pitch - celery, toilet roles, hot pies and coins.

It's an utterly pathetic and pointless rule and I will continue to smuggle bottle tops into the ground.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm a fan of most of what PBOBE has done .... but .... this bottle top ban is ridiculous. It annoys me on so many levels. Firstly, a FIZZY drink needs to remain FIZZY by putting the cap back on. Flat fizzy drinks are awful. I'm sure PBOBE doesn't have the bubbles sucked out of his pre-match champers.
This.
And many times I’ve seen a cascade of Fanta or Coke coming down the concrete the seats are fixed to.
I usually bring and sometimes buy a bottle of water but make sure I place it right under my seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here