Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drawing with Forest…

The Forest draw was…

• Total voters

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Absolutely. Not that anyone wants to see it, But, if we had shut up shop and put 11 man behind the ball and invited them on, they would not have scored a second.

this… if we had sat back they would never have scored, they just weren’t skilful enough. We let them back into that game with poor game management
And crap defending

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Control and movement wise I thought he was good. His passing was poor. He's a big strong unit as well. He like a lot of our team seems a bit penalty box / shot shy.

We love a facking patient build up. But we need a few pitiless arseholes up front too.
I agree but when Enciso takes on shots he’s destroyed on here for being greedy.
Ah well, maybe if he gets a couple of bangers ……

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Neither look anywhere near worth the price we paid on showings so far. A bit worrying.

Both of those players would have cost us £16m a few years ago. Now when Brighton come calling there is a success tax. Bizarre how we’ve been spending £25m+ kinda casually. All part of the Southampton mimicry I guess. We’ll all be scratching our chins in a couple of years wondering how we ended up in L1.

#trusttheprocess

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Well they were both better than Adingra today

there haven't been many players to arrive ad hit the ground running, only Germans and Dutch. generally.

I don’t mind people being a bit crap if they cost £6m tho but in excess of £30m should guarantee a standard of final ball. Minteh looks wild. Rutter also incredibly unrefined. Those are massive transfers.

Breaking our structure for those guys has waved a bit of a red flag for me.

C’est la vie. They aren’t the reason we didn’t win today.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The ref played a big part in the result. The ‘foul’ for the pen was right in front of us, we thought he’d blown for a free kick our way for simulation. Looked a dreadful decision in real time, maybe it wasn’t with all the replays, idk.

Then the goal, yeah our defending was crap, but it started from a free kick against Welbeck which wasn’t a free kick in a million years. As for the time wasting and diving… Dreadful. Then the lino in the first half either not flagging at all for obvious offsides or allowing them to continue until they got a shot away. There was one occasion where Elanga was clearly off, he didn’t put his flag up, he didn’t win the ball but then came back into play and got the ball.

The number of soft free kicks he gave against us because their players launched themselves to the ground screaming was honestly unbelievable. 15/20 secs over every throw, 30 secs over every free kick/goal kick, not one booking given for time wasting, exactly the same as last week. Then blowing up exactly on 6 mins when there clearly should’ve been more, again, exactly like last week.

We obviously have a lot of shortcomings but the ineptitude of the officials undoubtedly impacted the game today. Teams shouldn’t be allowed to get away with playing like that by the letter of the law.
No mention of the foul for Welbeck free kick being questionable then ?

Adingra's stamp down Moreno leg and a foul to stop a counter (no card) ?

Welbeck on a yellow stamps Jota foor (no 2nd yellow) ?

Dunk sliding high foot nowhere near the ball (only a yellow) ?

Then I can't argue against bad refereeing against our own team. After all, the fans of all the other clubs in the league claim the same thing

Oh, is this the five minute argument or the full half hour ?
:ROFLMAO:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not going to repeat everything I said in the match thread. Neither deserved a win frankly - both sides better than the sum of their performance today.

Both Notts and us were woeful at times, missing tap ins; fluffing up 1:1 with keepers on the counters and letting a lack of concentration break the flow of the game with frustrations overflowing and leading to unnecessary yellow cards.

Let’s not be that Club that expects to beat any team below us in the League and overly disappointed when we don’t because we haven’t yet lost a single match since we signed Fabian Hürzeler and have a fantastic bunch of new young players to bed in this season.

1 point gained by both sides.
Forest missed no onside one on ones

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Genuinely poor refereeing, weakest penalty decision. Welbeck penalised in a 50:50. It’s hard when the ref is so awful. Get rid of VAR if you are not going to use it. With semi-automated offside an option why do we need two nodding dogs squinting at a screen?
Yeah right Get rid of VAR that over turned Everton penalty shout and Man U “goal”. Great shout.
Why is it always “get rid of VAR” when it goes against and never when for?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don’t mind people being a bit crap if they cost £6m tho but in excess of £30m should guarantee a standard of final ball. Minteh looks wild. Rutter also incredibly unrefined. Those are massive transfers.

Breaking our structure for those guys has waved a bit of a red flag for me.

C’est la vie. They aren’t the reason we didn’t win today.
Neither of us have the stats or the purse strings

DO you know the structure? No you don't

Did Caicedo, MacAllister, White, Bissouma, Trossard . . . And others arrive PL top 6 ready? No they didn't . . . .

Did they come good and make us a massive profit?

Why didn't we win today?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I agree but when Enciso takes on shots he’s destroyed on here for being greedy.
Ah well, maybe if he gets a couple of bangers ……
I love it when we take pot shots.

Compare that to the interminable low crossing to no one in particular after 10 minutes of triangular passing which was a feature of late on in the game today and under latter stage de zerbi. So easy for teams to defend. It does work at times and is fine for plan A, but you also need to change it up. Ferguson and Enciso the best for just having a crack.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I was being facetious, in my opinion all
penalties should be checked.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Thought that Rutter showed promise with some lovely touches and passes. He is no goal scorer.

Minteh showed no compsure and frequently lost the ball.

Lack of pace in our defence looks a continued fragility.

Would love to see Ferdi given at full back . Brings speed and enty

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We had all the possession but in truth we got ripped apart a good number of times. We are too slow getting the ball forward so we end up attacking a box that has 10 defenders in it. In many of their attacks they had huge gaps and usually 3 attackers for 3 defenders. Nice to see open football but you don't win (or come near to winning) trophies playing like that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No mention of the foul for Welbeck free kick being questionable then ?

Adingra's stamp down Moreno leg and a foul to stop a counter (no card) ?

Welbeck on a yellow stamps Jota foor (no 2nd yellow) ?

Dunk sliding high foot nowhere near the ball (only a yellow) ?

Then I can't argue against bad refereeing against our own team. After all, the fans of all the other clubs in the league claim the same thing

Oh, is this the five minute argument or the full half hour ?
:ROFLMAO:
Never saw much complaint by the Forest players for the foul on Mitoma (re Welbeck free kick)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here