Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drawing with Forest…

The Forest draw was…

• Total voters

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
There’s a naivety and selfishness in front of goal we need to eradicate if we want to kick on. When Welbeck wriggled through a simple five yard pass to Mitoma gave him a tap into an empty net, like they did with their goal. It’s costing us. .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not going to repeat everything I said in the match thread. Neither deserved a win frankly - both sides better than the sum of their performance today.

Both Notts and us were woeful at times, missing tap ins; fluffing up 1:1 with keepers on the counters and letting a lack of concentration break the flow of the game with frustrations overflowing and leading to unnecessary yellow cards.

Let’s not be that Club that expects to beat any team below us in the League and overly disappointed when we don’t because we haven’t yet lost a single match since we signed Fabian Hürzeler and have a fantastic bunch of new young players to bed in this season.

1 point gained by both sides.
2 points dropped by both.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
100% 2 points dropped.

That game, IMO, was all about us. Forest had two shots all game both down to us - the soft penalty and the second goal where Veltman was two yards behind everyone else and allowed them to break the offside trap. Other than that they offered nothing.

Their goals were on us and the fact we only scored two was on us. Therefore, very clearly to my mind it's two points dropped.

A really disappointing result.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2 points dropped against a meh Notts Forest side , need a win against Chelsea next week to revive our fortunes.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One of those reds that didn’t make much difference as it’s late enough for the depleted side to see the game out by repeatedly disrupting the flow. Got the offside trap spot on for almost the entire game. The one time we didn’t cost us the win, so 2 points dropped. Paid the price for not netting a third when we were playing some really good stuff and looked by far the more dangerous team.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rutter looks poor and Minteh a bit of a headless chicken, £ 70 m for the 2 looks a bit iffy atm. We not replaced the quality of caicedo, macalister and trossard or cucurella how he played for us and strange decisions losing gilmour, undav, barco, buenanotte and goykeres. Midtable

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Under Hurzeler we are always going to be vulnerable to fast breaks. We simply don’t have the pace at the back to cover. We will learn and improve but expect us to concede these sort of goals because it’s the way we play. Hopefully not as often as the last two games.
Points dropped? Maybe but that is football.
I'm a tad miffed, because why would you continue to have a high back line, against the best up and over long ball team in the league. Especially when you are 2-1 up.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Not going to repeat everything I said in the match thread. Neither deserved a win frankly - both sides better than the sum of their performance today.

Both Notts and us were woeful at times, missing tap ins; fluffing up 1:1 with keepers on the counters and letting a lack of concentration break the flow of the game with frustrations overflowing and leading to unnecessary yellow cards.

Let’s not be that Club that expects to beat any team below us in the League and overly disappointed when we don’t because we haven’t yet lost a single match since we signed Fabian Hürzeler and have a fantastic bunch of new young players to bed in this season.

Wast playing notts tho, playing Nottingham forest

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Rutter looks poor and Minteh a bit of a headless chicken, £ 70 m for the 2 looks a bit iffy atm. We not replaced the quality of caicedo, macalister and trossard or cucurella how he played for us and strange decisions losing gilmour, undav, barco, buenanotte and goykeres. Midtable
Really. Rutter looks poor! He’s got a great touch and good movement. Game of opinions eh.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Am I the only one who thought Rutter looked ok today?
Control and movement wise I thought he was good. His passing was poor. He's a big strong unit as well. He like a lot of our team seems a bit penalty box / shot shy.

We love a facking patient build up. But we need a few pitiless arseholes up front too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really. Rutter looks poor! He’s got a great touch and good movement. Game of opinions eh.
He scored 6 goals in 57 games for Leeds so I have no idea where the price tag came from

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
100% 2 points dropped.

That game, IMO, was all about us. Forest had two shots all game both down to us - the soft penalty and the second goal where Veltman was two yards behind everyone else and allowed them to break the offside trap. Other than that they offered nothing.

Their goals were on us and the fact we only scored two was on us. Therefore, very clearly to my mind it's two points dropped.

A really disappointing result.
Absolutely. Not that anyone wants to see it, But, if we had shut up shop and put 11 man behind the ball and invited them on, they would not have scored a second.
I'm a tad miffed, because why would you continue to have a high back line, against the best up and over long ball team in the league. Especially when you are 2-1 up.
this… if we had sat back they would never have scored, they just weren’t skilful enough. We let them back into that game with poor game management

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

They didn't miss a tap in, he was offside...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here