Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Down to third

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
bearing in mind they haven't really bought anyone of note.

My point exactly, he is still playing Pardews team[/QUOTE]

So we should be criticising a manager who didnt replace the whole team for the sake of it. Anyway, Chaplow & Guly both scored today who were NA's buys, not to mention Cork, De Ridder, Hooveld, Fox and Forte.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I don't have a problem with Saints. Good to see another south coast club do well (apart from Pompey)

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Do you HONESTLY think Adkins has done 'f*** all' after taking over from a man who was sacked for nobbing one of the players wives? Morale must have been on the floor, along with Mrs Fonte's knickers.

I can't stand the bloke but you have to take your hat off to him, bearing in mind they haven't really bought anyone of note.

Do you HONESTLY think Adkins has done 'f*** all' after taking over from a man who was sacked for nobbing one of the players wives? Morale must have been on the floor, along with Mrs Fonte's knickers

It`s not pardews fault the scummers players have all got tiny cocks, he did what any red blooded male would have done,fair play to him

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hate Nigel Adkins and I don't like Southampton either.

But fair play to them, he's got a good thing going there and they've been impressive so far this season

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I hate Nigel Adkins and I don't like Southampton either.

But fair play to them, he's got a good thing going there and they've been impressive so far this season

They would be sitting in the same position in the table if you or i were employed as there physio in aidkins place.Please tell me what he has done to improve or motivate that team

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Except ive been to all but 1 of our home games and have 2 away games lined up. Your a bit pathetic really arent you.

How to you work that out then?. Is that the most intelligent thing you could come up with. Now if I had been on a saints forum giving it the large one whilst we were panning you lot in the league for an entire season, then yes I would agree sad and pathetic. However it's clearly the other way round. Anyway clearly past your bed time now, it's a school night after all. So f*** Off.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Well done to Southampton i don't really mind them.
I'd rather they be doing well than their scummy bastard tax dodging sailor boy neighbours.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm indifferent to Southampton - they were worthy title contenders last year , fair play to them.

and as Little Al said the seasons still young , we are still in a good position and now pressure off for abit to work a few things out ... no complaints , these things only matter come May.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
They would be sitting in the same position in the table if you or i were employed as there physio in aidkins place.Please tell me what he has done to improve or motivete that team

No offence, and please don't think I am trying to be patronising or argumentative, but Adkins has done a great job at Saints.

Obviously being a STH at Brighton and not Saints, you don't often see Saints play. Likewise videos of player and manager interviews. Since becoming Saints boss Adkins has been amazing. I know a lot of posters on here can't stand him because of his "If they can keep up maybe" comment, but he has done a great job. He inherited a strong squad with high expectations placed upon him and delivered. Easier said than done. Our record towards the end of the League 1 season was second to none.

This year he had a pre-season. A whole summer to get the team to the fitness levels, playing style and mindset he wants them to have. Although it is early days it appears that his pre-season was executed fantastically.

In short, he gets the team playing fluid passing football, with the ability to change formations and tactics. He has got everyone really fit and hardworking. And the players seem to be very close knit with themselves and the coaching staff and the youth academies.

Saying you don't like him/hate him is one thing, and that's perfectly fine. But to suggest he has no/little managerial ability just makes you look bitter/unknowledgeable about football.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
The highest placed team Scumhampton have beaten is Leeds, currently 11th on the opening day of the season.

Brigton have beaten Cardiff and peterborough 6th and 10th. Drawn with Blackpool 7th.

Both Lost to Leicester.

with away trips to Cardiff and Derby coming up Southamptons artificially inflatted status wont last.

Pre-season perspectives

Leeds - playoff favourites
Barnsley - bottom half
Ipswich - promotion contneders
Millwall - Mid table
Leicester - Promotion favourites
Forest - Play off contenders
Birmingham - Promotion contenders

18 points from that is very impressive imo. There are no 'easy' games in this league.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
How to you work that out then?. Is that the most intelligent thing you could come up with. Now if I had been on a saints forum giving it the large one whilst we were panning you lot in the league for an entire season, then yes I would agree sad and pathetic. However it's clearly the other way round. Anyway clearly past your bed time now, it's a school night after all. So f*** Off.

You live in Haywards Heath. Anything else is a foot note.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agree with JJB there are very few easy games in this league. Fair play to Saints this is an excellent start for them and I am not surprised that they are doing so well as I think they have a very decent side. Truth be told we all knew we were not going to be able to sustain top spot for the remainder of the season, but I do think we have the potential to be genuine playoff contenders this season.

No shame in getting beat on saturday, Leicester by all accounts were the better team and fully merited the win. Still that said we did at least keep it competitive until the end, and if we can continue to do that throught the season we'll do ok. Anyone 'expecting' automatic promotion though is clearly delusional.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree with JJB there are very few easy games in this league. Fair play to Saints this is an excellent start for them and I am not surprised that they are doing so well as I think they have a very decent side. Truth be told we all knew we were not going to be able to sustain top spot for the remainder of the season, but I do think we have the potential to be genuine playoff contenders this season.

No shame in getting beat on saturday, Leicester by all accounts were the better team and fully merited the win. Still that said we did at least keep it competitive until the end, and if we can continue to do that throught the season we'll do ok. Anyone 'expecting' automatic promotion though is clearly delusional.

This!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really don't want us to have to be battling Southampton for something again this season. Last season was cringeworthy, and losing to them at Withdean after all the shite we'd given them about the whole "are we keeping up?" affair was a tad embarrassing.
I think they have a stronger side than us and can expect to finish top 4. Will be more than happy if we finish top 10 with a couple of wins over Palace thrown in.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
Why is every one on about the saints. Yes they are doing well (good luck to them). But the thread is down to third. on the that comment, if anybody said to any Albion fan that we would be 3rd after 7 games and we would have 3 sell out games in a row, i think everyone would have laughed.We will not go down, its going to be hard sometimes but we do have a very good set of supports who will Help the players on the pitch.

In gus we trust,

:albion2: :bhasign: :drink:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
My point exactly, he is still playing Pardews team

So we should be criticising a manager who didnt replace the whole team for the sake of it. Anyway, Chaplow & Guly both scored today who were NA's buys, not to mention Cork, De Ridder, Hooveld, Fox and Forte.[/QUOTE]

Who mentioned replacing the whole team you cock,your physio has done fcuk all to improve Pardews squad,please fcuk off and annoy the skates.
I realy love the nerve that i have touched:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here