Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dont wanna go home' chants

kano

Jun 17, 2011
So far no one has actually defended this stupid song. So why is it sung? Speak up those that like it

Ill defend it, because its better than silence, or their own personal favourite repeated for 90 mins...which is what the majority of the moany bastards on here would seem to prefer.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Ill defend it, because its better than silence, or their own personal favourite repeated for 90 mins...which is what the majority of the moany bastards on here would seem to prefer.

Agreed, I think! So why do people start that song and not another? There are quite a few to choose from.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing

Agree , why the over analysis of songs is beyond me, if you don't like don't sing SIMPLES, why do people feel the need to complain about songs would they just prefer we sung aaaaaalllllbbiiiooon or seagulls for 90 mins , personally I couldn't give a rats arse if a song is not geographically correct or a accurate description of the surrounding area if it gets under the skin of the home fans and creates an atmosphere

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed, I think! So why do people start that song and not another? There are quite a few to choose from.

Because that's the one that the person who got off their bum and stood up to start a song picked. These songs don't start by themselves, maybe the lack of variety shows that only a few people are willing to start off the songs.

I agree it would be nice to have a lot of variety but the fact is that the lads from NSK are really the only people to have a serious go at bringing a new song in and they hardly got peoples backing on their first (slightly misguided but well intentioned) attempted at something different, so its not a shock that people choose to play it safe.

If we had a crowd that would pick up anything and sing along to make an atmosphere maybe it would encourage more people to have a go at starting something new.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Because that's the one that the person who got off their bum and stood up to start a song picked. These songs don't start by themselves, maybe the lack of variety shows that only a few people are willing to start off the songs.

I agree it would be nice to have a lot of variety but the fact is that the lads from NSK are really the only people to have a serious go at bringing a new song in and they hardly got peoples backing on their first (slightly misguided but well intentioned) attempted at something different, so its not a shock that people choose to play it safe.

If we had a crowd that would pick up anything and sing along to make an atmosphere maybe it would encourage more people to have a go at starting something new.

Good point I use to start songs when I was younger. I don't now for many reasons. Mainly to start you have to be loud and persistent and that is actually quite painful for me. Then you are better standing in the right area and having afew mates back you up. I have the mates.

Tho I agree it's the complete crowds responsibility.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing

This

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Good point I use to start songs when I was younger. I don't now for many reasons. Mainly to start you have to be loud and persistent and that is actually quite painful for me. Then you are better standing in the right area and having afew mates back you up. I have the mates.

Tho I agree it's the complete crowds responsibility.

Your right it does help to have some mates about you and i've heard from other sets of fans who have had new grounds that it can take a few years to get over the effects of all being reshuffled and sat next to new people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here