Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dont wanna go home' chants

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As a football chant of FC United, it has a real point to it, of course - sung to the original words, of the original song.

[yt]N3yWyJVQBmU[/yt]

Although they can also be creative with the lyrics ...

[yt]PCXHbCYvzjI[/yt]

But I guess some credit should also go to the Barmy Army - especially since they can get Kevin Pieterson to agree that Mitchell Johnson's bowling is, indeed, shite.

[yt]Aaa5veY__D0[/yt]

And the famine song :moo:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need a song for Vicente. He came on and made two goals yesterday but there was nothing we could sing.

Someone suggested this a few moths ago but it didn't catch on.

Da, Da Da Dur, Durrrrr, Dur, Dur, Dur, Dur, Durrrrr, Dur, Dur, Dur, Dur, Durrrrr, Vi-cen-te! Surely even our fans could remember that?! I swear some people complain about literally every song people try and come up with? Any ideas or shall we just sit there in silence?

Am I right, after reading this thread, that there are genuinely NSC users who aren't familiar with the Beach Boy's version of Sloop John B?

If you think about it LB (i'm not trying to be a smart arse here) if you asked a lot of the 'young uns' they wouldn't know the origins to a lot of the older chants we take for granted (even that shitty woah woah St Pauli thing has an original, I heard it in Frankie n Bennys (of all places) about a year ago, sounded like it was sung in the 50's in the style of Edith Piaf, but many internet searches have proved fruitless)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I really don't get it when it's sung at the START of matches, e.g. why did you travel all the way to Leeds but want to go home straight away? For the record, I'm STILL in Leeds and going out for a nice meal shortly so stuff you :)

spot on. heard people sing it in the concourse before the game....why would you want to go home before the match...plus Leeds is a cracking city!!

there were some right mongy chants saturday it has to be said.

Wrong foot the crowd and play Kid A in it's entirety before a match, I say.
Well I alwas like a challenge but the best I can do is a few lines (which I won't waste your time with) which end with 'Craig Mackail Smith' replaces the line 'Hail To The Thief' and from the same album 'score for me Craig Nooooone' replaces 'Sail me toooo, the Moon', although I'm working on The Pyramid Song at present....'Woke up at Selhurst, what did I see? 10,000 wankers frowning at me...'

(I've already got my coat)

spot on. heard people sing it in the concourse before the game....why would you want to go home before the match...plus Leeds is a cracking city!!

I don't think by singing it you're entering into any sort of contract, I mean, in my drunken youth, i'd sing 'My man said be a Palace fan...' despite the fact if he lived to be a thousand years old he'd never say that, it's just a song. Just for the record, I don't give two knobs of goat shit what Leeds might think of us, after tolerating a half hour medley of Leeds homophobic bile in Wetherspoons in September I don't think our 'shit songs' will appear on the radar

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
If you think about it LB (i'm not trying to be a smart arse here) if you asked a lot of the 'young uns' they wouldn't know the origins to a lot of the older chants we take for granted (even that shitty woah woah St Pauli thing has an original, I heard it in Frankie n Bennys (of all places) about a year ago, sounded like it was sung in the 50's in the style of Edith Piaf, but many internet searches have proved fruitless)

Well you could all dress up as Nuns when you sing it, just to add that bit of authenticity. lol
From 1:32 onwards.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Maybe pointing out that the song isn't Palace, or St Pauli, but from SISTER ACT might finally kill it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You could pick the bones out of this lot...

Original songs which became terrace chants

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
:shit:

:shit:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Haven't read all the threads but I have hated that song ever since the saints away game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here