Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dont wanna go home' chants

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Whilst occasionally the right lyrics to the tune can make a decent chant ("He looks like a horse, he comes from Spain, he looks like a horse" to Sandaza as an example) "I wanna go home" is absolutely dire, inoffensive, and pointless. What possesses anyone to sing it is beyond me,

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
You mean OK Computer :wink:

I assumed it must be modern as it seems to have popped up recently.
We probably sing it way to fast as well.

Turning anything from OK Computer into a football chant would be 'challenging'.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Sloop John B, by the Beach Boys. It's only on what is often dubbed "the best album ever made" - Pet Sounds.

I'm fed up of any chant to the tune of Sloop John B - it's dull and derivative.

I think other clubs in the south and in the west seem to be particularly bad culprits - Stains, Pompey, Brizzle City and Cardiff fans have all been heard droning on to this tune whenever I've seen us play them or caught them on the telly this season.

On the note of chants, it's about time some original songs were heard from us in the stands again - the latest wave of them have been dreadful. Surely we can come up with something better than the St Pauli/Palace chant, or borrowing another team's song and inserting X player's name (as per the William Buckley/CMS songs).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
...and then singing "just a small town in Everton" ....hilarious

And you just KNOW that the cringeworthy "We pay your benefits" will be rolled out every 20 minutes or so.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not being a Radiohead fan, the only one I can think of maybe working would be Creep. Taking the chorus

We're Bright-on
& Hove Albion
What the hell are we doing here.
This place's a shithole

Wrong foot the crowd and play Kid A in it's entirety before a match, I say.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
right, we need to come up with a song for Liam Bridcutt. Any ideas??

something original!!!

Oct 25, 2003
i got it stuck in my head the other night that the superman theme tune is brilliant for a football chant

brezovan, gordon greer, lewis dunk, calderon, vicente, will buckley could all be done

der derder derderrrr brez-o-van
der derder derderrrr BREZOVAN

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
We need a song for Vicente. He came on and made two goals yesterday but there was nothing we could sing.

Vicente, woahh!
Vicente, woahh!
He plays in blue and white,
He's f***ing dy-na-mite

Dec 29, 2011
I really don't get it when it's sung at the START of matches, e.g. why did you travel all the way to Leeds but want to go home straight away? For the record, I'm STILL in Leeds and going out for a nice meal shortly so stuff you :)

THIS!! SO Much! I always thought this. Why the hell are you on the train travelling somewhere singing "I want to go home". Its f***ing retarded. Has its place though I think.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
So on NSC there is a thread about not having balloons or anything at Anfield now people telling others about what to sing? Christ, we'll be sitting in silence at future games

As a football chant of FC United, it has a real point to it, of course - sung to the original words, of the original song.

[yt]N3yWyJVQBmU[/yt]

Although they can also be creative with the lyrics ...

[yt]PCXHbCYvzjI[/yt]

But I guess some credit should also go to the Barmy Army - especially since they can get Kevin Pieterson to agree that Mitchell Johnson's bowling is, indeed, shite.

[yt]Aaa5veY__D0[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here