Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fans get an extra 348 tickets

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
I think Ken Newbury has hit the nail on the head, Donnyfan82 I think has been given duff info from DRFC ticket office (not an unusual occurance) I honestly can't see us shifting 1400 tickets then a few hours later having a waiting list of 800. We took 1400 on the opening day to Watford (closer) 2 years ago and around 1900 to PNE (much closer) last season. We took just over 2000 to Barnsley at the end of last season (15 mile away). Shame if people have missed out on tickets but it won't be anything near 500.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
my understanding is donny have more than enough tickets for their fans on waiting list and can have more, waiting list was inflated by fans with bn post codes who wont be getting tickets that way

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
So with our official site saying definitely no more tickets for home fans, we could see around 800-900 empty seats in the away end? I guess it was a case of too many Donny for the stand to be segregated but not enough to fill it.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Now that it is official that no more tickets will be sold for home supporters, Doncaster may as well get the full away stand allocation and put them on general sale at our ticket office until Friday?

Guess what though, no more ticket news on our website either!

This is bloody crazy - makes me cross.

What is the logic? 800 empty seats. Both fans want more. I don't care who gets them, I just want it full. If any BHA are moaning, then hard cheese - you had your chance.

Give em to Donny and Donny sell em!

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
I'm confident that if there hadnt been all this messing with allocations and waiting lists we would have shifted over 2000.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a feeling that a proportion the remainder of the South stand will shortly be available to buy for Brighton supporters. If you are without a ticket for Doncaster keep an eye on the Seagulls website. (no inside knowledge just a hunch)

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
I have a feeling that a proportion the remainder of the South stand will shortly be available to buy for Brighton supporters. If you are without a ticket for Doncaster keep an eye on the Seagulls website. (no inside knowledge just a hunch)

I think you're right MacKenzie, it's too late to cry over spilt milk now, just a shame that the initial request for 1500 tickets being turned down suggests that this was the eventual outcome that BHAFC and possibly DRFC wanted.
Tracy our TO manager stated quite clearly that your club had rejected our request for 1500 initially and gave us alot fewer. Incidentally we have taken away tickets beyond 3000+ in the last few years, I don't think either club anticipated quite how much our fans wanted to be at your big day.
I hope the stand is now sold to capacity whether it be your boys or ours, the more the merrier. Personally I can't wait and yes you will hear us loud and proud whether 2200 or 1600. We will just have to sing that much louder that's all. RTID :bounce::whistle:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
This is bloody crazy - makes me cross.

What is the logic? 800 empty seats. Both fans want more. I don't care who gets them, I just want it full. If any BHA are moaning, then hard cheese - you had your chance.

Give em to Donny and Donny sell em!

Donny have them they can`t sell them

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I don't think so, the website told us that information on any returns from Donny would be posted this afternoon, and there was indeed a new post on the website this afternoon saying there were no more tickets for the game. Sounds final to me.

I was hoping there would be so I could move my whole family there - me and my dad are in East stand block H and my wife and daughter in East Stand block A! but at least we're all going

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
So.......... Why was our allocation only 1600? Surely we should be able to have the full amount. Makes no difference if we dont sell them all?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure it's possible to segregate the stand properly with a 1600/800 split. So I don't think they'll be anymore tickets on sale to BHAFC fans.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So.......... Why was our allocation only 1600? Surely we should be able to have the full amount. Makes no difference if we dont sell them all?
Still seems to me the most likely thing is Doncaster didn't want to pay up front on the second batch... maybe BHA underestimated your demand on the first batch. 800 empty seats for this game is a shambles in any case.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
All helps revenues, times 23 home games. They might have taken say 400 to Withdean, for a season opener.

Well done the Albion on building the amazing Amex.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can't we give these tickets away to Doncaster school children or something? Will be a shame if the first game isn't (nearly) full capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here