Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fans get an extra 348 tickets

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm pretty sure we would have given Donny all the tickets if they wanted them and paid for them all. Reading that bit from their site, it looks like 1,300 is enough to satisfy the demand of the waiting list.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The football league arrangements are that you get 5% kind of guaranteed. You are entitled to 10% but you need to pay cash up front for the remaining 5%. I think what is likely is that the rovers waiting list in insufficient to guarantee that they will sell enough to offset the potential of being out of pocket even after they claim their 10% handling fee for selling tickets so they have agreed a lesser amount. This might equate to their waiting list or indeed it might even be less. I also suspect that an Brighton fans who have bought tickets via doncaster will have their purchase withdrawn and it will be resold to someone on their list.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Are we 100% sure Donny said they wanted the full allocation and were willing to pay cash upfront for them? If they did, we are in the wrong. I suspect Doncaster have f***ed around a bit

There is no necessity in the npower to work on the SOR basis that is required in the lower divisions. we have a very solid database and I suggest this problem began when your club insisted on a 1 ticket per STH basis. Now my wife goes occasionally to games is on our database and would have loved to have been at your match.
This was not possible under what I understand as your original stipulation of 1 ticket per STH. Thus many waited for the General sale to get more than 1 ticket .
NEVER have tickets ever been witheld from us in the past....c'est incroyable!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Are you taking the piss 10% or 2000 minimum according to FL rules, did you get an E in Maths ?

You are entitled to and have 10 % of the gate you`r Thick dirty northern scum. To think i offered to buy you a pint after the game .

Last edited:

If there are to be 1000 tickets for us in the South Stand (as is looking likely) plus maybe a few hundred more of the others the club will not use. Will be indeed sell them all. There are only 4 full days until the game and it took 2 days to sell 1000.

We may need to make these available on a proper general sale basis if we are to flog em all.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
The football league arrangements are that you get 5% kind of guaranteed. You are entitled to 10% but you need to pay cash up front for the remaining 5%. I think what is likely is that the rovers waiting list in insufficient to guarantee that they will sell enough to offset the potential of being out of pocket even after they claim their 10% handling fee for selling tickets so they have agreed a lesser amount. This might equate to their waiting list or indeed it might even be less. I also suspect that an Brighton fans who have bought tickets via doncaster will have their purchase withdrawn and it will be resold to someone on their list.

Of course the list wasn't full , we got the message on the first day of general sale that the tickets were sold out and that no more would be forthcoming. I hope we reciprocate when you come here, this has left a bad taste .
Incidentally I believe that in the top 2 Divisions that the tickets are on a SOR basis not 'paid for in advance'. This has been clarified by the FSF representative.

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
To clarify, the 800 waiting list was what our ticket office told me when I put my name on it.

Our total allocation is as follows:
1213 which were sold last week.
Plus the extra 348 allocated today
Almost 1600 in total.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You are entitled to and have 10 % of the gate you`r Thick dirty northern scum. To think i offered to buy you a pint after the game .

Ok I will spell it out for you. Our capacity is 22,500 10% of which is 2,250 so far we have given Donny 1,350

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
You are entitled to and have 10 % of the gate you Thick dirty northern scumbag . To think i offered to buy you a pint after the game .

Keyboard warrior eh . As for thick definitely NOT, Northern NOT (born in Kingston -Upon-Thames), early schooled in Heathfield, yes Heathfield Sussex (I'm assuming here that your Geography is at the same standard as your Maths). I went to many of your games then when you were just a sperm lad.
You're looking like a prick to your mates give it up now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Keyboard warrior eh . As for thick definitely NOT, Northern NOT (born in Kingston -Upon-Thames), early schooled in Heathfield, yes Heathfield Sussex (I'm assuming here that your Geography is at the same standard as your Maths). I went to many of your games then when you were just a sperm lad.
You're looking like a prick to your mates give it up now.

Just ignore him mate. I hope you all get the tickets you need to come to the game. The club seem to be getting to grips with managing a proper stadium and sell out crowds so bear with us, as frustrating and unfair we appear to be at the moment.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Ok I will spell it out for you. Our capacity is 22,500 10% of which is 2,250 so far we have given Donny 1,350

Not according to ask the club,thet have said donny have 10 % it is up to donny how the tickets are released

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There is no necessity in the npower to work on the SOR basis that is required in the lower divisions. we have a very solid database and I suggest this problem began when your club insisted on a 1 ticket per STH basis. Now my wife goes occasionally to games is on our database and would have loved to have been at your match.
This was not possible under what I understand as your original stipulation of 1 ticket per STH. Thus many waited for the General sale to get more than 1 ticket .
NEVER have tickets ever been witheld from us in the past....c'est incroyable!
How and why would BHAFC insist on any particular policy of how Doncaster sell their tickets to their fans?

Sounds like Doncaster weren't willing to pay up front for the whole end so we decided to segregate and sell them to Brighton fans rather than send them to Doncaster in dribs and drabs and end up with a half empty away end.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Indeed. Fwiw I think the Club are been slightly unfairly blamed IMHO. If we give them all of the tickets (which as i understand it Donny haven't actually requested) and they don't sell them all then we have empty seats at our first game with large media interest etc. But if we give them the maximum that will still allow additional tickets to Albion fans (which I think has now happened 1,600 thanks for the correction Donny fan) then a double whammy of more Albion fans get to see the game and no visible empty seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here