Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fans get an extra 348 tickets

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah looks like maybe an extra 1000 for us :)

But if the club continue with this 3 year purchase history they could be a pain to sell.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Yeah looks like maybe an extra 1000 for us :)

But if the club continue with this 3 year purchase history they could be a pain to sell.

I don't think it will be an extra 1,000 will it? They've now got over 1,600 coming and the away end holds 2,500 I think. Plus a few rows taken out by the segregation?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't think it will be an extra 1,000 will it? They've now got over 1,600 coming and the away end holds 2,500 I think. Plus a few rows taken out by the segregation?
Thought they had sold a 1000 and have now been offered another 348 leaving roughly 1200 seats and 200 for segregation,but im sure you are spot on.

Probably get 800:)

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
According to their website initial allocation was 1000 so that must mean its 1348 now ?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
According to their website initial allocation was 1000 so that must mean its 1348 now ?

If those figures are right Alby then I guess the segregation will give us an extra 1,000 or so as Sir Albion said.

albionite

May 20, 2009
This taken from the Donny forum:

"We requested an initial 1500 tickets from Brighton and were sent 1000, when a further allocation was requested we were sent 200, this is what clubs do!

Like our ground the away end can be divided into 2 still with health and safety regulations being accounted for and the 1200 represents one half of their away end. With 1300 tickets still available for this match a discussion was needed between both clubs to reach an agreement that would not jeopardise home fans being in the away end and the liklihood of selling all these tickets to genuine Rovers supporters when the Brighton end was sold out. Or further discussions were needed to see if there was a possibility of giving us a lower allocation and segregating further across the stand safely as we clearly do not have alot of fans that have missed out so far based on the waiting list!

Mrfrost,
apologies for my grammer, i was just leaving the office when the decision was made, and thought that fans would be grateful to hear the news asap, so the article was a bit rushed but to the point! "

Looks like there will be more tickets for Albion fans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why have we only given them 1500 odd. If that happens to us, this board goes into meltdown

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Half the story , many of my mates have said fook it to waiting lists now . Remember they have had to make travel /accomodation arrangements. Brighton is hardly around the corner and the decision to sell 1 ticket per STH obviously meant that many waited for the general sale so they could go with others.
All in all this is a bloody farce and the victims are our loyal supporters, who incidentally were entitled under FL rules to the full allocation. No one here is buying the Safety Reg. argument as there were many Yids in all of your stands...it simply doesn't wash.

DanielT

a doncaster fan on another thread said they'd sold their 1300 and there were another 800 wanting tickets:

As you probably know, we sold out our 1300 allocation earlier in the week, and our club said a decision would be made today if we would receive an extra allocation.

Apparently now, we will not know until the middle of next week. I have been told we have 800 names on a waiting list for more tickets. Just wondered if you guys could shed any light on the situation?

and having just noticed the post above mine, it does seem odd

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It's like being invited to a party and then told you can't come. There was no need for segregation, we should have had the tickets we needed and you could have had a list at your end .
Sounds a fairer system to me , believe it's not going down well. ???

Thor, surely you are entitled to your 10 % (ie 2250). Is it possible we have said and are saying to clubs we are only willing to sell to official members / ST holders of away teams and that some of your support isn't officially registered in some way.

I can't understand why you will not get your quota if required. Surely you are entitled to 10%, but we may have criteria to meet as we don't want our new stadium vandalised (not by yourselves of course).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Half the story , many of my mates have said fook it to waiting lists now . Remember they have had to make travel /accomodation arrangements. Brighton is hardly around the corner and the decision to sell 1 ticket per STH obviously meant that many waited for the general sale so they could go with others.
All in all this is a bloody farce and the victims are our loyal supporters, who incidentally were entitled under FL rules to the full allocation. No one here is buying the Safety Reg. argument as there were many Yids in all of your stands...it simply doesn't wash.

Sounds like you've been f***ed over good and proper :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the club are being unfair with Donny. Imagine if we should get 2000 allocation away and the away club decide to only send 1000 and then another 348. The binfest on here would reach 20 pages+.
By all means send the tickets on a sale or return basis and then on Friday release any unsold ones that could be segregated.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like you've been f***ed over good and proper :(

Are we 100% sure Donny said they wanted the full allocation and were willing to pay cash upfront for them? If they did, we are in the wrong. I suspect Doncaster have f***ed around a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here