Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fan here

pktdrfc

Apr 13, 2011
Wow a fixture i think many of us knew this was going to be the first 1 given our history with each other obviously i am not going to say good luck for this fixture but i will say good luck for rest of the season . Anyway i will be travelling down prob day before for this game is there any cheapish hotels and any good pubs you guys can recommend.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Endless amounts of good pubs, but in terms of hotels, I would say book NOW as they're all sold out throughout the summer very early on.

Chuffed with the fixture. Do you reckon you'll bring 2,500 or will we be able to split the away end in two?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Very fitting tie for the first game at the Amex which alot of us were hoping for, best of luck for the season just not for when we play you :thumbsup:

pktdrfc

Apr 13, 2011
I would after to say no IMO we will not sell out as our season ticket sales have been poor only stand at 3500 people have voted with there feet after last seasons dismal performance so i will say we will bring maybe 1500

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Wow a fixture i think many of us knew this was going to be the first 1 given our history with each other obviously i am not going to say good luck for this fixture but i will say good luck for rest of the season . Anyway i will be travelling down prob day before for this game is there any cheapish hotels and any good pubs you guys can recommend.

Make sure you come alone then. If only a few of you come, and you hardly have any away support usually, they will be able to split the end and give extra tickets to home fans.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If you're coming down for the weekend, it'll be a lot cheaper if you stay somewhere just outside Brighton, maybe Worthing?
Easy to get into Brighton with trains and buses from most places around the area.

I think loads of us are really pleased with this fixture, last team at the Goldstone & first at our lovely new Amex. Great story there somewhere!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Absolutely PERFECT opening fixture, exactly the team I wanted. I'm sure I speak for a whole LOAD of Brighton fans when I say that Donny hold a very special place in my heart, not just for being there on that rainy day way back when, but also for the conduct of everyone involved. The banner the players brought round before the game brought a lump to the throat.

While it might seem obvious that teams and fans felt for us and what we were going through, the two extremes will always live in my memory, and my feelings for the two clubs are indelibly marked.

Leyton Orient - (for pktdfc, who might not know) whose players shouted, swore and spat at us in the North, they will forever be lowlife in my eyes, courtesy of teh behaviour of Carl Griffiths, Scott McGleish, and Barry Hearn didn't do himself any favours post-match.

Doncaster meanwhile turned up with the banner. That was going above and beyond for me, and I will always have a very special place in my heart for them because of it.

I honestly couldn't think of a better team to welcome into our new home for opening day. If we could also have repeat of the result, maybe without the red cards, that would be absolutely spot on.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If you're coming down for the weekend, it'll be a lot cheaper if you stay somewhere just outside Brighton, maybe Worthing?
Easy to get into Brighton with trains and buses from most places around the area.

I think loads of us are really pleased with this fixture, last team at the Goldstone & first at our lovely new Amex. Great story there somewhere!

Not sure how expensive the places are but there are a few B&Bs in and around Rottingdean and they'll be a shuttle bus from there up to the ground too, plus loads of pubs in the high street!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not sure how expensive the places are but there are a few B&Bs in and around Rottingdean and they'll be a shuttle bus from there up to the ground too, plus loads of pubs in the high street!

That will be highly amusing if Rottingdean becomes a pre-match drinking venue. I will look forward to it.

pktdrfc

Apr 13, 2011
What even their chav toy-town hoolie fans?

There not worth talking about no point to them DDR i laugh every time i see them around the keepmoat full of kids what could not punch there way out of a wet paper bag.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
obviously i am not going to say good luck for this fixture but i will say good luck for rest of the season
So you're saying good luck to us for when we visit the moat - thanks.

Delighted you're (Doncaster) coming down on the first day, I hope you have a great visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here