Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Done me proud boys

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Get it right despite the score on the whole we held our own with a premiership team (bear with me) our problem and I agree 7a major one in football is at both ends . Defensively we were shite and we could not finish if the game went on for 90 hours but the team held there own this is a young team with little experience and it showed but this game should contribute to the on going progression of our club. Gus has identified the fullbacks as a problem but we are desperate for a decent keeper as most have said all season.

For me it was a painful lesson but one that will help long term the futures bright the futures Brighton And Hove Albion and for all those throwing their toys out of the pram I guess you were not around when we really were shit.

Good post!

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
Genuinely disappointed by the result, mainly because I did not see it coming. I was not expecting a win but I just never felt this side would get rolled over like that. This shows how wonderfully far this club has come, especially under Gus. The progress we have made and continue to make, gave me that confidence in the side that a drubbing wouldn't happen.

Unfortunetly for many reasons things did not work out. Defending was very poor, we scored three own goals which has apparently never been done in a cup tie before and we tried to push forward which played into Liverpools hands.

Gus quite rightly said we had to be at our best to stand a chance and we were not. But we have had some great results in the cups this year but beating Sunderland and Newcastle, plus we are still sitting comfortably in the Championship. If Liverpool go on to do the cup double then we have been knocked out by the eventual winner of both the competitions and add the fact we are all but guaranteed a place in the Championship next year if not perhaps more, this season has already been a huge success for the club.

I am still deflated by the margin of the defeat however it did flatter Liverpool. Important thing now is the players and the whole club react in a positive manner and continue the good form in the league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not that bothered - a defeat is a defeat and we were oddso on to lose big time. The league means more. And yes it was a great day out regardless. Nobody should dwell on this result!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here