Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Game WON"T be live on Sky

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Words cannot describe how much Sky's obsession with Leeds winds me up. They are shit, their fans are morons and they are no longer the big club they all think they are. Pathetic.

My dislike of Leeds is deeper then that of Palace, but, as much as it pains me to say, Leeds are one of the heavyweights in the Championship. Their fanbase is as big as anyone alse in our league, and I think their average home attendances for last season was in the top two.

In fact, last season they were the most supported team in the second division: Average attendances 2010-11 - Dirty Leeds - Leeds United Forum

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Utterly gutted. Nice to see that some are revelling in the fact that genuine Albion fans can't see the game. Nice touch.

People aren't revelling in that, they are just pleased the game is at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football should be played.

And anyone who really wanted to go to the first game could have done so. £32 a month for a season ticket is not a lot of money. And there are still going to be 1000 or so tickets available anyway, all you have to do is be organised.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
People aren't revelling in that, they are just pleased the game is at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football should be played.

And anyone who really wanted to go to the first game could have done so. £32 a month for a season ticket is not a lot of money. And there are still going to be 1000 or so tickets available anyway, all you have to do is be organised.

Totally agree 100%.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

..and so does the ticket office!!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am sorry but you are wrong here. I have a season ticket but cannot make the opening game as It will be too close to the possible arrival of my first child. It's not just about money for people, some cannot afford it in this financial climate. Anyone saying it's good and sod the rest of the fans is a moron. Playing football at 3pm on Sat is preferable you are right but it's 2011 and we live in different times now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I have a season ticket. I'm at a Ballbags wedding. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, ignore me.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
I am sorry but you are wrong here. I have a season ticket but cannot make the opening game as It will be too close to the possible arrival of my first child. It's not just about money for people, some cannot afford it in this financial climate. Anyone saying it's good and sod the rest of the fans is a moron. Playing football at 3pm on Sat is preferable you are right but it's 2011 and we live in different times now.

Err no one is saying "sod the rest of the fans". We all have our views, which we are all entitled to, and I have always preferred 3pm Saturday kick off. I appreciate, however that now we are in the Championship that changes have to be accomodated. I just don't see how Brighton v Donny looks even remotely enticing to TV so I am glad that it has not been changed. My opinion, my view. Yours are yours.

Gutted, absolutely f***ing gutted.

I AM a season ticket holder and can't go to the first game, obviously i wanted the game moved to Sunday for selfish reasons but at the very least I wanted to be able to tape it to watch it in its entirity.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

OK, but that is a pretty exceptional circumstance. And to be honest, I'd rather be at the birth of my first child than a football match anyway.

Nobody is saying sod everyone else, but 99.99% of everyone else could have been at this game if they really wanted to.

I have been supporting the club for 20 years, and this will be only the third time I have had a season ticket. But I have never ever missed a game that I really wanted to go to, I've always managed to get a ticket just through being organised or even going to away games ticketless and buying one in the pub. You can always get them, it just depends how much you want them.

And it is good that it is at 3pm on a Saturday. That doesn't make me a moron, most people would rather it is at this time. If it was being televised and played on the Sunday and I was flying back from holiday that morning, then I would be pleased it was on the Sunday and not the Saturday or I wouldn't have been able to go. Would that make me a moron?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

and how pray tell, do you 'get organised' when you don't live in the area and ....oh I can't be arsed

Please don't tell other people that they 'could' have got a ticket for this game if they wanted. Makes you sound like Norman Tebbit

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

oh yeah, and how come there's a waiting list for season tickets now? Are they all disorganised?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I don't get your argument here - your child will come when it comes, and I doubt it gives a monkeys about 3pm on the 6th of August. My own first child is due early in the season too, I would miss a game if my wife is definitely giving birth, but we don't expect to sit around at home just because it might come on day X.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
OK, but that is a pretty exceptional circumstance. And to be honest, I'd rather be at the birth of my first child than a football match anyway.

Nobody is saying sod everyone else, but 99.99% of everyone else could have been at this game if they really wanted to.

I have been supporting the club for 20 years, and this will be only the third time I have had a season ticket. But I have never ever missed a game that I really wanted to go to, I've always managed to get a ticket just through being organised or even going to away games ticketless and buying one in the pub. You can always get them, it just depends how much you want them.

And it is good that it is at 3pm on a Saturday. That doesn't make me a moron, most people would rather it is at this time. If it was being televised and played on the Sunday and I was flying back from holiday that morning, then I would be pleased it was on the Sunday and not the Saturday or I wouldn't have been able to go. Would that make me a moron?

My, my, oh to be 'organised'. I wish I was 'organised' when I tried to get a ticket for Villa in the FA cup two seasons back. Oh hang on a minute, I was, the ticket office were not! Walsall away last season, I was told on the morning of the game by the ticket office over the phone that it was a sell-out. Guess what, Commander, the game was NOT sold out!!

If only life is as black and white as you say it is.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

couldn't be arsed but now I can :)

so, didn't we take 30,000 to the millenium? Falmer's capacity is what? 22,250?

99.9% could have gone if they'd been organised? What like Dr Who is organised when he get's in his tardis? That kind of organised?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So would those who could not make the Doncaster game have supported it being switched to the Friday night so they could watch it on Sky ?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I reckon the club will stream it online for a fee is the demand is high enough.

So would those who could not make the Doncaster game have supported it being switched to the Friday night so they could watch it on Sky ?

Not sure what you mean by this.

I can't make the Doncaster game because it's on Saturday, had it been on Friday/Sunday i would of been there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

this would make sense , on the other hand im not sure of the legal requirement protocol that has to be followed , this was always going to be joy for some and heartbreak for others i hope common sense prevails and the club find a solution somehow .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Of the available t.v slots, the friday night is clearly the worst option. I wouldn't have 'supported' the switch but I would have been happy if it meant I got the chance to watch the game. I'm happy for it to be on at anytime just so long as there's some way I can see it. If what tom says below is true, then everyone's a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here