Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Game WON"T be live on Sky

Why don't you go to the Spurs or Eastbourne game instead?

Because i always said my first experience of Falmer would be the first competitive game, I think i would rather wait untill the Blackpool game now.

Still, i will, as Easy pointed out, always have My first game memories and at least i will probably be, along with BOF and Melotron, be the most excited person in the stadium on that day.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You never know, BBC may send down a camera crew for extended highlights on the Football League Show, a foreign broadcaster may decide to take their coverage and show it live, and then you can all watch it on the internet.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I love the way that people who are happy is stayed at 3pm on Saturday have been labelled selfish because it suits them

However those that wanted it moved so THEY could watch it on the tv are speaking for 'all' Albion fans !!

Priceless

utter utter bollocks. We are just dissappointed.

It then rankles having people tell us we are not 'organised'.

I believe 3pm on a Saturday is probably the best time for the game. I kind of hoped I might get to see it on TV but I can't. That's life.

But then reading people telling us that 'if you're not there then you can't experience it' or the hilarious tripe from Commander makes me want to stick my oar in.

I just hoped it might be available for viewing. Didn't expect, didn't demand. Just hoped I might be able to share in the day a little by seeing the game on TV.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I live in London. It's not that difficult. Pick up the phone, look online. Not that hard. Like I said before, it depends how badly you want a ticket.

That is ridiculous. To get a season ticket, all you had to do was call the club and go to one of the presentations, or get someone else to go for you. There are going to be at least a thousand tickets available for this game, just make sure you are one of those thousand who gets them.

Yes they are. There is a waiting list because those people who are on it didn't get their arses in gear early enough. How did the 18,000 season ticket holders get their tickets? Did the club call them up and say "Hi, would you like a season ticket? Yes? OK, we'll post one out to you"? No, they didn't.

If you want tickets badly enough then you will do something to get them, not call up on the day of the game and then moan that there aren't any left.

This is hilarious. You've made your point and your sticking to it?

1. I live in London ; Lucky you , piece of piss to get to Brighton.

2. It is impossible for many fans to have a season ticket because of where they live. It is also, physically impossible to cram all the people who want one into the Amex. Do you not understand that?

3. ditto

re: my previous post I am not complaining about not having a ticket/seeing the game on tv....I am just dissappointed.

Only reason I'm getting involved is people like you with your 'you could have done something about it' attitude.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It isn't utter bollocks

People who only care about themselves want it moved and claim it's so most people can see it

The fact that you used I 6 times in your reply proves that

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
You never know, BBC may send down a camera crew for extended highlights on the Football League Show, a foreign broadcaster may decide to take their coverage and show it live, and then you can all watch it on the internet.

I was wondering about this one. The Huddersfiled game was like that, with the funniest commentary I have ever heard.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But at least you will be there.

Seriously though, i hope the experience will stay with you all forever, as you say you've waited for years now as have I.

I just can't believe that after 14 bloody years my daughter picks this weekend to get hitched.

i actually feel like a bit of me has just died.

Can't you get someone to tape the wedding? Be at the game, watch wedding later!

It's bloody selfish of her to ruin your big day, but seriously did she not consider your love of football and arrange her date accordingly? Or was she just being spiteful?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It isn't utter bollocks

People who only care about themselves want it moved and claim it's so most people can see it

The fact that you used I 6 times in your reply proves that

brilliant amateur psychology.

used I 6 times (probably more) to say I agreed with the decision, didn't expect anything am just sad I can't see the day in any way makes me selfish.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
utter utter bollocks. We are just dissappointed.

It then rankles having people tell us we are not 'organised'.

I believe 3pm on a Saturday is probably the best time for the game. I kind of hoped I might get to see it on TV but I can't. That's life.

But then reading people telling us that 'if you're not there then you can't experience it' or the hilarious tripe from Commander makes me want to stick my oar in.

I just hoped it might be available for viewing. Didn't expect, didn't demand. Just hoped I might be able to share in the day a little by seeing the game on TV.

Hilarious tripe? Why? Every single thing I have posted in this thread is true. Which part of it is 'tripe'? You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I do not believe that anyone who made any real effort to get a season ticket didn't get one. I don't understand what you want the club to do, call you before every game and ask you if you want a ticket?

This is hilarious. You've made your point and your sticking to it?

1. I live in London ; Lucky you , piece of piss to get to Brighton.

2. It is impossible for many fans to have a season ticket because of where they live. It is also, physically impossible to cram all the people who want one into the Amex. Do you not understand that?

3. ditto

re: my previous post I am not complaining about not having a ticket/seeing the game on tv....I am just dissappointed.

Only reason I'm getting involved is people like you with your 'you could have done something about it' attitude.

You said it is hard to get tickets if you don't live in the area. I live in North West London, 60 miles from the Amex and 2 hours away. It's hardly on the doorstep, is it? But I have had no problem getting tickets for any game. There is this thing called the internet, you see.

The fact that it is only £32 a month, means a lot of people have bought season tickets who are not giong to go to all the games, myself included. I know of one person in Spain who has one, basically to gaurantee a ticket for the first game. I realise that not everyone can commit to £32 a month, but most people can if they want to, it's not a lot of money, even students should be able to do that.

Of course I understand that it is physically impossible to cram all the people who want a ticket into the Amex. Do you understand that the people who have tickets didn't magic them out of thin air, they got of their arse and got them themselves because they wanted them?

You seem to be just thinking that you have no chance of getting a ticket for the first game. Why? There are going to be a thousand tickets on general sale, why don't you just buy one if you are that desperate to go?

Can someone else please say if they think I am being a cock here, because I just cant get my head around this.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When ticket demand exceeds supply people miss out this is nothing new. We cannot then expect tv companies to spend large sums of money to satisfy a handful of disappointed Albion fans.

Not sure what bleating on here about it achieves just take it on the chin. Besides the stadium is not going anywhere so everyone will get a chance to enjoy it as some stage

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
... a foreign broadcaster may decide to take their coverage and show it live, and then you can all watch it on the internet.

Except for those at weddings...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
You seem to be just thinking that you have no chance of getting a ticket for the first game. Why? There are going to be a thousand tickets on general sale, why don't you just buy one if you are that desperate to go?

do you seriously think that every Albion fan who could be there for this game can get a ticket? I would imagine there are people in Brighton who won't be able to get in.

My beef with you, and others, is your attitude. I would love to be there. I can't be. I would love to at least see it on the box. I can't. I have no complaints about that. Just winds me up when people come out with crap about I could if I tried. Or, you're not going to be there so what's the point in watching it on telly.

I live thousands of miles away. I planned to come back for the game if I could get a ticket. Have contacted the club on various occassions but to no avail (NOT a complaint). I'm holding off on a trip home now for a time when I can be certain of getting a ticket to a game, basically, the date of my next trip back depends on a definite visit to this beautiful beautiful stadium. That's fine by me.

Dissappointed and sad not to be there. Not pissed off.

Annoyed when people presume to tell me and others that we should have tried harder or it won't be the same so why do we care if it's on telly.

Can someone else please say if they think I am being a cock here, because I just cant get my head around this.

Sorry, but I think you are being a cock here, and I speak as a relatively impartial person whose wife booked the summer holiday to coincide with the start of the football season so had no chance of seeing it regardless of whether it was on TV or not.

There are people that are, for a variety of reasons (some financial, some geographical, etc.), unable to get themselves to the Amex for the first game. Had the game been on TV, they would have been able, in some small way, to take part in what is a massive day in the history of our club, the culmination of years of waiting, and in all likelihood a once-in-a-lifetime moment. As the game isn't on TV, they aren't able to do so, and naturally they are disappointed. Seeing some fans celebrate the fact that the game is not on TV (I know that's not directly what they were celebrating, but that was the impression given by some) is therefore likely to rankle a bit. Sanctimonious responses claiming that it is some kind of lack of effort or willing on their part (when their absence may be due to reasons completely out of their control) is not particularly helpful and is of course likely to simply annoy people even more.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
do you seriously think that every Albion fan who could be there for this game can get a ticket? I would imagine there are people in Brighton who won't be able to get in.

My beef with you, and others, is your attitude. I would love to be there. I can't be. I would love to at least see it on the box. I can't. I have no complaints about that. Just winds me up when people come out with crap about I could if I tried. Or, you're not going to be there so what's the point in watching it on telly.

I live thousands of miles away. I planned to come back for the game if I could get a ticket. Have contacted the club on various occassions but to no avail (NOT a complaint). I'm holding off on a trip home now for a time when I can be certain of getting a ticket to a game, basically, the date of my next trip back depends on a definite visit to this beautiful beautiful stadium. That's fine by me.

Dissappointed and sad not to be there. Not pissed off.

Annoyed when people presume to tell me and others that we should have tried harder or it won't be the same so why do we care if it's on telly.

I do not think that every Albion fan who can be there will get a ticket, because a lot of people wont put any effort into finding out when they go on sale and either queuing / phoning up or buying them online the second they go on, they will just not do anything about it and then moan once it is sold out that they couldn't get a ticket. That's the way it works.

I think we're arguing different points here mate. If you live thousands of miles away then fair enough, but that is your choice. You didn't say that before (unless I missed it) and you said about calling up on the day of the Walsall game and not being able to get a ticket, I assume you didn't do that from thousands of miles away? I thought we were arguing about getting a ticket for the game, not about not being able to attend on the day.

I haven't said anything about there being no point in watching it on the TV, so I assume that bit isn't aimed at me.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
'Even students should be able to do that.'

Excellent. Absolutely quality working out there matey.

Loan over the year = £3375 grand, I'm in my third year studying Law, I've got a lot of work to put into this over the year, and I still manage an 8 hour part time job.
That'll come to about £2500

Rent over the year = £3355
Cost of books = £300
Phone contract = £360 over the year
Say £30 a week to live on, that's meals, general stationary if it's needed, toiletries the lot = £1560
Say I was to go to a quarter of the games, that isn't really worth a season ticket in my opinion, but let's just go along with it.
So 6 games, at £82.20 an advanced return ticket, 6 times = £493.20
Then of course you have the season ticket, at £384 quid.
That's not even taking into the account the fact I would probably like to see my family once in the year, birthdays, xmas presents and the like.
Plus that is sacrificing every single night out with friends, ever.

I think even you can work out I'm well over 500 quid over my limit at that point. So before you group everyone together smart arse, think before you speak, because you have so much egg on your face that someone could slap you with a frying pan and call you an omelette.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry, but I think you are being a cock here, and I speak as a relatively impartial person whose wife booked the summer holiday to coincide with the start of the football season so had no chance of seeing it regardless of whether it was on TV or not.

There are people that are, for a variety of reasons (some financial, some geographical, etc.), unable to get themselves to the Amex for the first game. Had the game been on TV, they would have been able, in some small way, to take part in what is a massive day in the history of our club, the culmination of years of waiting, and in all likelihood a once-in-a-lifetime moment. As the game isn't on TV, they aren't able to do so, and naturally they are disappointed. Seeing some fans celebrate the fact that the game is not on TV (I know that's not directly what they were celebrating, but that was the impression given by some) is therefore likely to rankle a bit. Sanctimonious responses claiming that it is some kind of lack of effort or willing on their part (when their absence may be due to reasons completely out of their control) is not particularly helpful and is of course likely to simply annoy people even more.

OK fair enough. But as I have just said, I wasn't talking about reasons completely out of people's control, I was talking about people moaning because they couldn't get a ticket. I cant go the Spurs friendly because my girlfirend's mate is getting married that day, which is really annoying, but there isn't anything I can do about it (well actually there is, but it isn't worth the hassle). If someone's personal circumstances mean they cant get their on that day then yes I understand that is frustrating, but if people are moaning they cant go because they cant get a ticket then that is their fault.

I don't think anyone was celebrating it not being on TV, people were just saying they were glad it was at 3pm on the Saturday. I'm glad it is. But if it had been moved to the Friday then some people wouldn't have been able to go, and the people who could then go or could watch it on TV would be celebrating. Nobody can do anything about it anyway so there isn't much point in arguing about it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
'Even students should be able to do that.'

Excellent. Absolutely quality working out there matey.

Loan over the year = £3375 grand, I'm in my third year studying Law, I've got a lot of work to put into this over the year, and I still manage an 8 hour part time job.
That'll come to about £2500

Rent over the year = £3355
Cost of books = £300
Phone contract = £360 over the year
Say £30 a week to live on, that's meals, general stationary if it's needed, toiletries the lot = £1560
Say I was to go to a quarter of the games, that isn't really worth a season ticket in my opinion, but let's just go along with it.
So 6 games, at £82.20 an advanced return ticket, 6 times = £493.20
Then of course you have the season ticket, at £384 quid.
That's not even taking into the account the fact I would probably like to see my family once in the year, birthdays, xmas presents and the like.
Plus that is sacrificing every single night out with friends, ever.

I think even you can work out I'm well over 500 quid over my limit at that point. So before you group everyone together smart arse, think before you speak, because you have so much egg on your face that someone could slap you with a frying pan and call you an omelette.

Even students should be able to do that.

A season ticket works out at £7.38 a week. An hour's work in a part-time job. There will be loads of students with season tickets.

Anyway, as I keep saying, my point is more about people saying that they cant get tickets, rather than not being able to afford them / living in another country etc. I did say that I understood not everyone could commit to £32 a month if you read my posts again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here