Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Game WON"T be live on Sky

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have a season ticket. I'm at a Ballbags wedding. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, ignore me.

Unlucky. I have to go to a wedding on the week before, day of the Spurs friendly.

and how pray tell, do you 'get organised' when you don't live in the area and ....oh I can't be arsed

Please don't tell other people that they 'could' have got a ticket for this game if they wanted. Makes you sound like Norman Tebbit

I live in London. It's not that difficult. Pick up the phone, look online. Not that hard. Like I said before, it depends how badly you want a ticket.

My, my, oh to be 'organised'. I wish I was 'organised' when I tried to get a ticket for Villa in the FA cup two seasons back. Oh hang on a minute, I was, the ticket office were not! Walsall away last season, I was told on the morning of the game by the ticket office over the phone that it was a sell-out. Guess what, Commander, the game was NOT sold out!!

If only life is as black and white as you say it is.

So you call up the club on the morning of the game and then moan when you cant get a ticket? The tickets went on sale for Walsall weeks in advance, you could have bought one online or phoned up and got one at any point in those few weeks. I got a Walsall ticket. I got a ticket for the last game at Withdean (without buying tickets for the first 3 games). I wasn't in the country for Villa, but I got tickets for West Ham on here. If you are that desperate to get them then just watch out for the announcements and then go online the second they go on sale.

couldn't be arsed but now I can :)

so, didn't we take 30,000 to the millenium? Falmer's capacity is what? 22,250?

99.9% could have gone if they'd been organised? What like Dr Who is organised when he get's in his tardis? That kind of organised?

That is ridiculous. To get a season ticket, all you had to do was call the club and go to one of the presentations, or get someone else to go for you. There are going to be at least a thousand tickets available for this game, just make sure you are one of those thousand who gets them.

oh yeah, and how come there's a waiting list for season tickets now? Are they all disorganised?

Yes they are. There is a waiting list because those people who are on it didn't get their arses in gear early enough. How did the 18,000 season ticket holders get their tickets? Did the club call them up and say "Hi, would you like a season ticket? Yes? OK, we'll post one out to you"? No, they didn't.

If you want tickets badly enough then you will do something to get them, not call up on the day of the game and then moan that there aren't any left.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure what you mean by this.

I can't make the Doncaster game because it's on Saturday, had it been on Friday/Sunday i would of been there.

What I mean is, would it have been fair to shift the inaugural game at the Amex to 7.45 on a Friday night so that every Albion fan around the country and around the world would have the opportunity of watching the match, and not just those who have bought tickets ?

Personally I think that Friday night would have been a right shitter. A Saturday lunchtime early kickoff would also have taken the edge off the day, as would a Sunday lunchtime, so from a personal point of view, the only really acceptable TV switch would have been to Saturday evening.

So would you have supported a switch to Friday night (clearly the worst option of all of them) so everyone could see it ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A Saturday lunchtime early kickoff would also have taken the edge off the day.

I can just imagine it. Everyone around you is in tears of joy, beholding our beautiful new stadium, sparkling in the midday sun. You too, are crying. A mate turns to you and says "amazing isn't it?"

You respond: "I'm crying because I just wish it were 3 hours later!"

Trust me, when you're in that stadium for the first time you are NOT going to give a f*** what time of day it is. There would be no "taking the edge off the day". No chance.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I love the way that people who are happy is stayed at 3pm on Saturday have been labelled selfish because it suits them

However those that wanted it moved so THEY could watch it on the tv are speaking for 'all' Albion fans !!

Priceless

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Come on people, get real. They're hardly likely to show the Pompey game on the first weekend of the premier league. Would be pissed off if that was moved to a Sunday as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I love the way that people who are happy is stayed at 3pm on Saturday have been labelled selfish because it suits them

However those that wanted it moved so THEY could watch it on the tv are speaking for 'all' Albion fans !!

Priceless

Exactly.

What I mean is, would it have been fair to shift the inaugural game at the Amex to 7.45 on a Friday night so that every Albion fan around the country and around the world would have the opportunity of watching the match, and not just those who have bought tickets ?

Personally I think that Friday night would have been a right shitter. A Saturday lunchtime early kickoff would also have taken the edge off the day, as would a Sunday lunchtime, so from a personal point of view, the only really acceptable TV switch would have been to Saturday evening.

So would you have supported a switch to Friday night (clearly the worst option of all of them) so everyone could see it ?

In a way yes, i do agree it would have been not as good as a Saturday game but i feel for all the people who will not be able to see the game.

In another way i don't think anything could take the edge of this game, it's been so long in coming they could of played it at 7 am on Sunday morning and the atmosphere in the ground would still have been electric.

Selfishly though i wanted at the very least for the game to be televised so i could of at least taped the sodding thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can just imagine it. Everyone around you is in tears of joy, beholding our beautiful new stadium, sparkling in the midday sun. You too, are crying. A mate turns to you and says "amazing isn't it?"

Trust me, when you're in that stadium for the first time you are NOT going to give a f*** what time of day it is. There would be no "taking the edge off the day". No chance.

You're taking it to an extreme, obviously its going to be IMMENSE whatever time the kickoff was going to be. But I've had this day in my minds eye for years now. Arriving early, exploring the stadium, having something to eat, having a few beers, visiting the shop, savouring the build-up to kickoff. Theres a BIG difference between squeezing all that in during the course of a Satirday morning in time for a lunchtime kickoff, rather than arriving lunchtime-ish and having 2-3 hours of the afternoon to enjoy it. So yes, great though it woukld still be, a lunchtime kickoff would still have taken the edge off the day, it just would not have been quite as good.

You're taking it to an extreme, obviously its going to be IMMENSE whatever time the kickoff was going to be. But I've had this day in my minds eye for years now. Arriving early, exploring the stadium, having something to eat, having a few beers, visiting the shop, savouring the build-up to kickoff. Theres a BIG difference between squeezing all that in during the course of a Satirday morning in time for a lunchtime kickoff, rather than arriving lunchtime-ish and having 2-3 hours of the afternoon to enjoy it. So yes, great though it woukld still be, a lunchtime kickoff would still have taken the edge off the day, it just would not have been quite as good.

But at least you will be there.

Seriously though, i hope the experience will stay with you all forever, as you say you've waited for years now as have I.

I just can't believe that after 14 bloody years my daughter picks this weekend to get hitched.

i actually feel like a bit of me has just died.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I just can't believe that after 14 bloody years my daughter picks this weekend to get hitched.

You shouldn't really be letting her get married at 14, to be fair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Seriously though, i hope the experience will stay with you all forever, as you say you've waited for years now as have I.

If its any consolation, although you're missing the very first game, you will still always have your OWN PERSONAL first ever game at the Amex to come, which will I'm sure be every bit as exciting and special as it will be for the rest of us. Try not to think of it as missing out - just think of it as a slight delay before you get there.

It WILL be just as good the first time for you as it is for the rest of us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

It will be amazing whatever time but it will be even better at a 3pm. Full football routine can be followed of time up / breakfast up cafe , boozer nice and early. Early kick offs throw it all out of synch and less beer can be drunk.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It will be amazing whatever time but it will be even better at a 3pm. Full football routine can be followed of time up / breakfast up cafe , boozer nice and early. Early kick offs throw it all out of synch and less beer can be drunk.

So a 5:15 k.o would have been even better...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Utterly gutted. Nice to see that some are revelling in the fact that genuine Albion fans can't see the game. Nice touch.

Don't be a twat. Given the other teams who are in the Championship this season, you shouldn't have been pinning your hopes on the game being on TV.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Why don't you go to the Spurs or Eastbourne game instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here