Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dogs

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
0a93880d888a32f00ac1eb99fc69c163.jpg

Here’s Barney, he is nineteen, we adopted him from RSPCA Patcham 18 years ago, we love him.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
0a93880d888a32f00ac1eb99fc69c163.jpg

Here’s Barney, he is nineteen, we adopted him from RSPCA Patcham 18 years ago, we love him.

Barney looks a bit like Basil Brush! Boom boom!!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Love dogs, but a bit like people, some more than others!
We have a really cuddly Korthals Griffon who is big, nearly 30kg, looks a bit like Chewbacca, and is honestly the most loveable, loving, big hearted, daft idiot in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Lovely dogs, big hairy loveable monsters !
Make excellent working dogs too, must be quite rare, you certainly don’t see many around these parts.
Love dogs, but a bit like people, some more than others!
We have a really cuddly Korthals Griffon who is big, nearly 30kg, looks a bit like Chewbacca, and is honestly the most loveable, loving, big hearted, daft idiot in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can anyone share any stories with their dog’s anal glands, my pooch is currently needing them expressed weekly!!!! Awaiting results on a swab from the vets.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Can anyone share any stories with their dog’s anal glands, my pooch is currently needing them expressed weekly!!!! Awaiting results on a swab from the vets.

We had to have them removed from our Reg, he was a Patterdale, jack Russel cross, they became compacted so he had them removed, they are not needed, bit like an appendix...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We had to have them removed from our Reg, he was a Patterdale, jack Russel cross, they became compacted so he had them removed, they are not needed, bit like an appendix...

Kind of dog we’re after for our first family canine pet.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

It’s the route I’m planning to go down, how long did it take for Reg to get back to normal?

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
We lost our Rosie to a brain tumour at the beginning of June. She was a 14 year old Staffie cross. She was my first dog, we rescued her from Battersea and we enjoyed 10 amazing years with her. Never felt such love and devotion from an animal before, she completely changed my attitude to dogs in general. When she died, devastation doesn't even come close to describing the feeling. I'm coming to terms with it all, learning to live with it, but does the feeling ever truly go away? Some people say jump straight in and get another, I'm not sure I can do that for a long time, both emotionally and practically at the moment. Never in a million years did I think it would be this tough, not that I'd swap having her, loved every minute of her being part of our family.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We lost our Rosie to a brain tumour at the beginning of June. She was a 14 year old Staffie cross. She was my first dog, we rescued her from Battersea and we enjoyed 10 amazing years with her. Never felt such love and devotion from an animal before, she completely changed my attitude to dogs in general. When she died, devastation doesn't even come close to describing the feeling. I'm coming to terms with it all, learning to live with it, but does the feeling ever truly go away? Some people say jump straight in and get another, I'm not sure I can do that for a long time, both emotionally and practically at the moment. Never in a million years did I think it would be this tough, not that I'd swap having her, loved every minute of her being part of our family.

Hi, very sorry to hear that news and the pain you guys are going through.

As an animal lover and lifelong owner of rescue cats, I’d say firstly look back and be proud that you gave ten long years of love to a previously rescued/abandoned dog. She had a full life in dog years, you made it amazing. The pain will gradually lesson, but you will always get a tear in your eye when you talk about her, look at her photos and videos. That’s completely normal, you’re a caring person.

Regarding getting another dog, imho leave it a few weeks/a couple of months. Then go for it. You have a loving home just waiting to make another rescue dog happy.

All the best.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here