Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dogs

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
7d686dc57c76f9f629ae54dd2c64bb09.jpg

Celebrating our promotion. She wouldn't let me call him Bruno., then she named him Albie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well this is my pooch, a labradoodle celebrating her 6th birthday tomorrow, on her arrival.

10-A5273974-60334-800.jpg

The mud bath.......

IMAG0232.jpg

......which results in her infamous Shaun the Sheep impersonation

IMAG0258.jpg

And enjoying the snow.

layla snow.jpg

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I did wonder whether my annoyance was born out of frustration that I am unable to find a suitably silly designer name for my mut. He's either a deerhound or a greyhound but is neither - bloody frustrating.

Not sure if this helps as it’s not exactly a designer name, but in the field, we’ve always called a crossbreed between two sighthounds a longdog.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not sure if this helps as it’s not exactly a designer name, but in the field, we’ve always called a crossbreed between two sighthounds a longdog.

Absolutely - most people look at you very strangely when you talk of longdogs though. People keep asking me if mine's a lurcher, which seem to be thought of as a breed rather than a generic mix of dog types. Gave up long ago telling people that a Lurcher was a cross. Seems to confuse folk.

Very few have heard the long dog expression. Very apt though. As you say, it still doesn't fit the designer name with an expensive tag though.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
That’s Sheba our 7yr old rescue. A challenging bitch we took in at two and a half with a lot of baggage! Bless her she has been through a lot but has a stable and full life with us (and still has her moments! :mad:)

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Our vet just called to let us know our 10 year old Romanian rescue, who we've had for 18 months, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma.

I'm an absolute mess. He's not been in our life for long but he's made such an impact and he really is the perfect dog - he's chilled out, good with other dogs and loves attention from everyone.

Our other dog absolutely adores him too, so I don't think she's going to cope very well without him being around.

What a rubbish way to start Christmas!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
1BF27B2C-30F6-4608-BFCC-FA6AA693C68C.jpeg

No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a biscuit put aside for me
For me
For me

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Our vet just called to let us know our 10 year old Romanian rescue, who we've had for 18 months, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma.

I'm an absolute mess. He's not been in our life for long but he's made such an impact and he really is the perfect dog - he's chilled out, good with other dogs and loves attention from everyone.

Our other dog absolutely adores him too, so I don't think she's going to cope very well without him being around.

What a rubbish way to start Christmas!

This has brought tears to my eyes, as I adore dogs and cannot imagine how life would be without my almost 10 year old lab. Do try to keep going. Wonderful that you have taken on a rescue dog, and just so sad that there is need to rescue dogs from certain countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here