Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Dog Bore magazine

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Cats are bird-killing users. Dogs are always hassling you for either food or attention. It's a no to both from me.

I love cats and dogs, the only Pets I dislike are MOD’s ones...:guns::O

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Still hilarious IMO.

[tweet]430255032043573248[/tweet]

Cats are simply miles better. Discuss.

It's funny, because it's true.

'Don't worry, he won't bite!'

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dogs have been proven to be good for mental and physical well being . . . . most proper dog walkers are healthier than can herders.

I assume that research was done by a dog lover. I read some article about having dogs in the workplace making everyone happier too. I worked in an office which allowed dogs (see Bell Cheeses at Work thread) and it had the opposite effect. Having some slobbering, drooling, barking, yapping creature certainly didn't make me feel relaxed.

Having a dog is fine, but there's far too many dog owners who don't seem to understand there's lots of people like me who don't want to be within 10 metres of dogs. Also, a dog bark is in the top 10 most irritating sounds in the world.

People let dogs lick their face. Whenever I see that it makes me feel a little bit sick. I just can't look, it's disgusting. A dog's slobbering tongue? On your face? WTF?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Any decent recipes?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't get me wrong, the following is certainly true:

No dog: no hassle.
Dog: some hassle.

I think our family life, including my own personal physical and mental health - improved by spending a few hours most days walking or running over the Downs with him - is better for having our lab.

I agree. And whilst we are guilty of treating our three dogs as furry humans (sorry Simster), it's not quite the same as having children. We can quite happily go out for the evening and leave the dogs on their own. They've got each other for company and when we come back they're not howling the place down. You can't really do that with three kids under the age of ten.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Grew up with dogs within the family, never actually owned one outright, still a joy to have.
But as we now have an indoor cat, it's great, I get to have conversations with him in the morning before going to work at some ungodly hour.
Company for Mrs AR, when I'm on nights.
When he goes bat shit crazy, running around the house being out witted by a fly or moth.
At first he only ate wet food, resorting in him having a dump and the smell was like something from Croydon.
Now on dry food, no smell at all.

You do not have an 'indoor cat' you simply have a cat that you don't allow out. Caged animals in zoos probably have more space to live in.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Observe my avatar - my Boxer Maisie. The best excuse for going down the pub, with the additional bonus of exercise by way of walking her ladyship. Double bubble! She loves it down at the boozer, gets loads of treats and attention and I just get on and drink my pint. No answering back from her, just complete love and devotion - what could be better? 59CAE916-5DCE-441A-88F9-663B88223978.jpeg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The best excuse for going down the pub, with the additional bonus of exercise by way of walking her ladyship.

I get exercise from walking to the pub without a dog, with the additional bonus of not having to stop every 10 seconds to wait for a dog to sniff something. Plus, I don't have to pick up any warm TURDS with a plastic bag.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
No dog at all, just peace and quiet in the pub with a pint.

In that case I recommend the Albion, next to Winchester train station. It’s owned by Flowerpots Brewery based at Cheriton (I think I’ve got that right). I walked in and there were twelve blokes all sat separately, all nursing their pints and not a murmur. I reckon there’d be more noise in a Trappist monk’s library. Shhh! :drink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In that case I recommend the Albion, next to Winchester train station. It’s owned by Flowerpots Brewery based at Cheriton (I think I’ve got that right). I walked in and there were twelve blokes all sat separately, all nursing their pints and not a murmur. I reckon there’d be more noise in a Trappist monk’s library. Shhh! :drink:

Blimey, you're RICH, if you can afford a pint in there. :eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Funnily enough, I know the pub and I know Cheriton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Sounds like bliss.

Ideally the only thing I want to take with me down the pub is my sports pullout.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You do not have an 'indoor cat' you simply have a cat that you don't allow out. Caged animals in zoos probably have more space to live in.

Afternoon David Attenborough, last time I looked, we DO have an indoor cat, that we do not allow out.

Bloody pedant.
:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like both, but slightly prefer Cats. My analogy (which I feel holds up fairly well) is thus;

Imagine your local pub, and that you pop in there most days (other issues there I know, but stay focused please);

The Cat is the guy you exchange nods with as you walk into the pub. He's a decent guy, sometimes you have some really good times together, sometimes it's just a casual passing nod. A very low maintenance friendship that is easy to maintain.

Meanwhile, The Dog is the stinking drunk who immediately jumps all over you as you walk into the bar - you can smell a combination of genitalia and actual faeces on his breath. He won't leave you alone, and is very friendly and generous, but in an incredibly overbearing way - has to be involved with everything you do, and is embarrassingly needy. A supremely nice guy, sure, but a bit of a pain to be honest. Very high maintenance.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I like both, but slightly prefer Cats. My analogy (which I feel holds up fairly well) is thus;

Imagine your local pub, and that you pop in there most days (other issues there I know, but stay focused please);

The Cat is the guy you exchange nods with as you walk into the pub. He's a decent guy, sometimes you have some really good times together, sometimes it's just a casual passing nod. A very low maintenance friendship that is easy to maintain. You later find out he’s a serial killer though, who’d have thought it eh.

Meanwhile, The Dog is the stinking drunk who immediately jumps all over you as you walk into the bar - you can smell a combination of genitalia and actual faeces on his breath. He won't leave you alone, and is very friendly and generous, but in an incredibly overbearing way - has to be involved with everything you do, and is embarrassingly needy. A supremely nice guy, sure, but a bit of a pain to be honest. Very high maintenance.

Edited slightly for you

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Edited slightly for you
Even serial killers can be a nice guy, mate.

It's a bit like what Alan Partridge said about the Titanic voyage - people forget that on the Titanic's maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here