Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think the McCanns are innocent ?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I believe that Maddie does not exist and never did exist and is simply the biggest con of all time, they made a photo up of her and once the hoo ha has died down they have a million quid donated by numpties in their bank account.
Nice work if you can get it.

Genius!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe she's just hiding. Kids do that all the time when they're attention seeking.

He doesn't need that to present an opinion, but he does if he's going to present that as fact, rather than his opinion.

I quote; 'it was an accidental drug overdose'

Hmmmm. To be honest, there are very few peoples statements on here that I take as fact, and when talking about a topic like this, probably no-ones. I saw his statement (and the statements that everyones been making) as a presentation of how they saw things. Does everyone have to start their posts with "I think that..."?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hmmmm. To be honest, there are very few peoples statements on here that I take as fact, and when talking about a topic like this, probably no-ones. I saw his statement (and the statements that everyones been making) as a presentation of how they saw things. Does everyone have to start their posts with "I think that..."?

When you are accusing somebody of murder, it is probably best, yes.

There is world of difference between typing 'El Abd is rubbish' rather than 'In my opinion El Abd is rubbish' and typing 'Kate McCann killed her daughter' rather than 'I think...'

I think we should all ask captainmorganrum as it appears that he is "in the know"

as he keeps coming out with all these "gems"

No, Dave.
I just read the papers, here is a link from that gutter-rag The Telegraph (this morning)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/11/wmaddy1011.xml
Similar stories in the Mail, Sun, Express, Independent etc etc

It does seem to have been superseded by a Team McCann statement this afternoon that they won't seek this permission.

Not quite sure why you seem to be so antagonistic against my comments, when all
I did today was relay stuff that is in the UK press.
Oh, and there is a link backing up what I mentioned the other day about Sky News being Kate McCann's first phone call (from a Portuguese investigative reporter), but to be honest I really cannot be arsed.

I'll keep schtum from now on, hope you enjoy the drama unfolding.
:thumbsup:

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
This about the most sensible thing I've read on it...

"How will this story end? That's what makes it so grimly compelling: none of us knows. Until we do, basic justice demands that we presume the McCanns are wholly innocent. Common decency demands the same. For if they are eventually found guilty, there will be plenty of time for condemnation. But if they are innocent, to presume otherwise is to commit a second crime against people who have already suffered enough."

I'll be just as outraged as everyone else if they are eventually proved guilty. Right now they are innocent and on top of loosing their daughter have now been accused of THE worst crime imaginable. I've got even more sympathy for them now than a week ago.

Yeah but is this material of any relevance to the case?

For example. I don't care if they're into, say, swinging or indulging in class C drugs, yet that might be the sort of irrelevent rubbish that these reporters are talking about.

Or do you know something... ;)

Not, that's not my point. My point is that this couple are being made out to be bible reading, church visiting, pope adoring devout christians who would hardly have butter melt in their mouths if you used a blow torch.

They are seemingly anything but. And if they are willing to lie and disemble about their religion then what else may they not be willing to lie and disemble about.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not, that's not my point. My point is that this couple are being made out to be bible reading, church visiting, pope adoring devout christians who would hardly have butter melt in their mouths if you used a blow torch.

They are seemingly anything but. And if they are willing to lie and disemble about their religion then what else may they not be willing to lie and disemble about.

there you have it in a nutshell

"seemingly" The operative word

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This about the most sensible thing I've read on it...

"How will this story end? That's what makes it so grimly compelling: none of us knows. Until we do, basic justice demands that we presume the McCanns are wholly innocent. Common decency demands the same. For if they are eventually found guilty, there will be plenty of time for condemnation. But if they are innocent, to presume otherwise is to commit a second crime against people who have already suffered enough."

I'll be just as outraged as everyone else if they are eventually proved guilty. Right now they are innocent and on top of loosing their daughter have now been accused of THE worst crime imaginable. I've got even more sympathy for them now than a week ago.

I think thats very apt. Especially this bit "if they are eventually found guilty, there will be plenty of time for condemnation"...

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Having dealt with a number of cases where DNA has been used as evidence I can safely say that with modern techniques only the minutest trace of DNA containing material needs to be present to provide a positive sample.

I have followed this case closely and nowhere has it been confirmed what material was found in the hire car that has provided a DNA match, indeed I have yet to see actual confirmation from the Portuguese police that a 100 % match has been made of Maddy's DNA against any found in the car. If the investigation bears any resemblance to one here in the UK then it is unlikely the police will confirm what material the DNA comes from i.e Blood, hair, saliva, skin cells until they are ready to actually charge someone. The reason for this is to challenge any suspects account in interview. So in interview you would state that you have DNA evidence from the car but you wouldn't reveal whether it is blood, saliva etc in order to test the account of the suspect. So if the suspect is trying to make an account up they are going to have to guess where the DNA came from and make up a story from there, if they choose wrong then they are screwed.

So what actual facts do any of us know? very few in all probability, the papers and media are not to be trusted in my opinion since most of what they spout is disinformation and they only care about improving ratings or selling more papers. Their sources are wide and varied which in turn ends up contradicting many elements of the case.

If a DNA match of Maddy McCann was made from the Hire car how can that be explained? Someone who posted earlier alluded to various ways her DNA could have found its way into the Hire car and it wouldn't be beyond the realms of plausibility to suggest that hair or skin cells or even any bodily fluids may have transferred themselves from items of luggage or clothing or any other item the McCanns may have carried in the boot following Maddys disappearance.

A final point is that historically if you examine any recent murder case involving a body being transported in the boot of a car, no matter how well you package the body up there will be significant amounts of DNA all over the area where the body lay. So unless the Portuguese police are sitting on a mound of significant DNA evidence from the boot of that hire car I would suggest that there is very little chance that Maddy's body was ever in that car boot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think they're 100% innocent

The Portuguese police are making as big a hash of this as the Jamaican police made over the Bob Woolmer 'murder'. They're under intense pressure to come up with a solution, ANY solution, and this is the most convenient. If all the evidence rests in that hire car, how the f*** were they allowed to ride iaround in it on a day-to-basis even after the DNA test results came back. Beggars belief really on just about every level going.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Nothing perverse about loving MILFs. Putting your cock in warm raw liver in jam jars full of mayonnaise - now that's perverse

I've got some liver in the fridge, now wheres that jar of mayonnaise????

Surely the only way to be aware of something so perverse is to have experienced it yourself!!!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Jogging is a fantastic stress reliever. I say this because my life hit a bad patch last summer and I cnsequently spent a lot of time pounding the roads, often 10-12 miles at a time.

Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean that others shouldn't.

absolutely. when our little one was dying/died going for a run was really therapeutic.

i think they are guilty of neglect but much more than that i have no idea. i really hope it is as innocent as they have had us believe though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nothing perverse about loving MILFs. Putting your cock in warm raw liver in jam jars full of mayonnaise - now that's perverse

See thats where you and me differ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here