Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think the McCanns are innocent ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who goes jogging two days after their daughter disappears? All along that is the image that has stuck in my mind. When she first went missing, GMTV showed them out jogging, I think they said to try to maintain a sense of normality. I know as a parent how I would feel and that would be the last thing on my mind. I've said all along I thought they had something to do with it.

HOWEVER I do go along with the innocent until proven guilty maxim and am totally anti national newspapers running opinion polls and the like. Speculation and conjecture will always be present in cases like this, but those type of things are in bad taste.
Jogging is a fantastic stress reliever. I say this because my life hit a bad patch last summer and I cnsequently spent a lot of time pounding the roads, often 10-12 miles at a time.

Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean that others shouldn't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the Police are desperate to look like they are acheiving something and mistakes will be made when thats the case.

After 25 days of Maddie being missing the worlds press were following their every move. Does anyone serioulsy believe they hired a car, picked up a body and drove it around without anyone noticing?

agree with that. first thing i thought of, why were they even checking the car, on what suspicion.

but then think it through some more... how have the police managed to aquire DNA samples from a missing person, which has supposedly been tested in the UK? How could that be a setup?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we should all ask captainmorganrum as it appears that he is "in the know"

as he keeps coming out with all these "gems"

In fact, if I was the portuguese police, I would forget about investigating this case anymore, just ask the resident NSC mystic meg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Guilty - Yes. Of Child neglect. Of murder, probably but it was an accidental drug overdose, to ensure the kids slept while they were at dinner.

1. You've seen toxicology reports that prove this have you?

2. There is no such thing as 'accidental murder' - it's one thing or the other.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think a lot of people, including a good few on here, are very much looking forward to seeing Kate McC exposed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's one of the things they are allegedly sitting on as it happens. The comment I heard from a national reporter is 'There is still a hell of a lot not being revealed about those two'
Yeah but is this material of any relevance to the case?

For example. I don't care if they're into, say, swinging or indulging in class C drugs, yet that might be the sort of irrelevent rubbish that these reporters are talking about.

Or do you know something... ;)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
If the Portuguese Police are involved I think they are unlikely to be guilty of anything other than trying to publicise their daughters plight. Any parent would do anything to get their kid back, if that means over exposing yourself on TV and in the media then so be it, the TV and media love it.

I'm surprised the Portuguese police didn't baton charge the McCanns back to the airport and then water cannon them onto the plane, Poxy continental police.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
agree with that. first thing i thought of, why were they even checking the car, on what suspicion.

but then think it through some more... how have the police managed to aquire DNA samples from a missing person, which has supposedly been tested in the UK? How could that be a setup?

You don't need the missing persons DNA since it can be established from the blood sample tested against the parents DNA profiles to obtain a match likely to be that of their child.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You don't need the missing persons DNA since it can be established from the blood sample tested against the parents DNA profiles to obtain a match likely to be that of their child.

you misunderstand - where are the police supposed to have got samples to plant in the hire car? unless the DNA is actually from one of the siblings, which police obtained then planted?

maybe you can answer a query we have at work: we know in theory all DNA is unique, but in practice can DNA tests tell sibilings apart?

The trustees are meeting today - they're expected to give the go-ahead for the money to be used for legal fees
(seeing as they are McCann family or friends it isn't much of a shocker is it?

If this is true, that is shocking. But given a) that all announcements made so far have said they won't and b) you have a habit of spouting made up stuff about this topic, I will probably wait and see.

1. You've seen toxicology reports that prove this have you?

I don't understand why people get quite so uptight about this subject. This is a message board for opinions, we do not need hard facts to back everything we say up. Woodchip thinks that the parents may be guilty, fair enough. He does not have to produce toxicology reports in order to be allowed to present his opinion!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
you misunderstand - where are the police supposed to have got samples to plant in the hire car? unless the DNA is actually from one of the siblings, which police obtained then planted?

maybe you can answer a query we have at work: we know in theory all DNA is unique, but in practice can DNA tests tell sibilings apart?

Surely a parent can carry around the DNA of a sibling? What if Maddy sneezed on her mothers shoes, or dribbled in her handbag?

Surely a parent can carry around the DNA of a sibling? What if Maddy sneezed on her mothers shoes, or dribbled in her handbag?

I find it very hard to believe that the Portuguese police planted DNA evidence. Can you imagine the furore if they were found out? I certainly find it a lot harder to believe than parents being involved in the disappearance of their own child.

The problem the McCans have is, if DNA evidence has been found, what alternative defence do you have? Police planting evidence is probably the most likely of a series of very unlikely events (car being used previously by abductor, etc). They are seemingly grasping at straws for an excuse.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
They hired the car the day before they flew to Rome to see his Papalness.
So who drove the car while they were away?
Other family members?
Strange that you need to hire a car in one country when you are in another country eh?

How do you know all that?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How do you know all that?

come on timbo...keep up

He works with a mate who drinks with a lawyers who knows the Mccanns dustman, who collects rubbish from another lawyers bins, who is having an affair with some welsh bird and they talk about the case over blow jobs.

or there again, as this is a message board and noone knows him, he may well be the portuguese prosecutor!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand why people get quite so uptight about this subject. This is a message board for opinions, we do not need hard facts to back everything we say up. Woodchip thinks that the parents may be guilty, fair enough. He does not have to produce toxicology reports in order to be allowed to present his opinion!

He doesn't need that to present an opinion, but he does if he's going to present that as fact, rather than his opinion.

I quote; 'it was an accidental drug overdose'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here