Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Clinton was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice by the House of Representatives but then acquitted by the Senate. The impeachment needs to go through both houses. Nixon would have been inevitably impeached but he resigned rather than suffer the indignity of being the first ever successfully impeached president. There hasn't been a president that has been "successfully" impeached, but Trump strikes me as the kind of guy that would ride an impeachment all the way to the end.

Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are the only two presidents to have been successfully impeached by the House of Representatives, and both were later acquitted by the Senate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

Technically Clinton was successfully impeached by the US Congress. Approval was needed by the Senate but it does not mean that Clinton was not impeached.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I really fear a Trump win. The debates starting tonight will be key. My worst fear is a carefully timed Russian release of more of Hilary's emails in a couple of weeks time -carefully timed to do maximum damage. In addition, any more health scares could derail her campaign overnight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was left so cold by our own election I don't think I engaged in it for a single minute other than the actual vote.

Is it now wrong of me to be seriously considering staying up tonight to watch the US Presidential debate?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon Putin's narcissistic shill is going to get elected.

Not good at all.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh dear

14494689_10208918403175160_6657318376720966189_n.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Interesting how ignorance, narcissism, prejudice, rudeness and egotism can be viewed as equating to balls. Someone like Mandela who could be viewed as the antithesis of Trump in style and personality would make Trump's genital arrangements look like a sparrow's gonads.

No fan of Hilary and I think change is needed but just because someone can turn politics into a strip cartoon means they can get votes but not that they have the ability to deliver anything.
Absolutely this. The man has some deep psychological issues imo and the fact that he has got as far as he has reflects very badly on US (as well as world) politics.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely this. The man has some deep psychological issues imo and the fact that he has got as far as he has reflects very badly on US (as well as world) politics.

In your very ignorant opinion. The President of the Philippines called Obama a son of a whore a week or so ago. how does that stack up in your narrative?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
In your very ignorant opinion. The President of the Philippines called Obama a son of a whore a week or so ago. how does that stack up in your narrative?
I'm not sure what the one thing has to do with the other, please explain.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure what the one thing has to do with the other, please explain.

You agreed with apost that referenced, rudeness and egotism, you then said it reflected badly on world politics.I would say that trump is polite by international and UK standards. Or did you miss the Brexit campaigning?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You agreed with apost that referenced, rudeness and egotism, you then said it reflected badly on world politics.I would say that trump is polite by international and UK standards. Or did you miss the Brexit campaigning?
Which polite? When he's criticizing the supposed weight gain of a Miss World or when he was mocking the physical disability of a US journalist?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Which polite? When he's criticizing the supposed weight gain of a Miss World or when he was mocking the physical disability of a US journalist?

dear God are you deliberately being obtuse? Does the statement "I would say that trump is polite by international and UK standards" not impress you as a comparative measure? Do you not understand this? Would you like me to break it down for you a bit?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
dear God are you deliberately being obtuse? Does the statement "I would say that trump is polite by international and UK standards" not impress you as a comparative measure? Do you not understand this? Would you like me to break it down for you a bit?
I understand. I disagree.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is all very strange. I didn't see the debate - I was in Germany - but I read the reviews in a couple of German papers and they thought Trump lost in big time. One of them even had a body language expert to denigrate Trump. I was working so I didn't have time to read many English sites but the Guardian also said he lost it big time.

But, just catching up with the news tonight, I see that nearly every media organisation who polled its viewers/readers about the debate said that Trump won with ease. OK, you can say Breitbart, Fox and Drudge are going to declare for Trump but he also had the likes of Time, Slate and CNBC declare for him.

Biased reporting by some of the press or inaccurate polling by media groups - something doesn't stack up?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Biased reporting by some of the press or inaccurate polling by media groups - something doesn't stack up?

seems online polling came back with different results to "scientific" or professional polling.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
seems online polling came back with different results to "scientific" or professional polling.

Do you think that maybe there are a team of geeks in Moscow that have now been told to focus on the post-debate polls? I'm sure that Uncle Vlad would just love Trump as the next pres.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Even SHIT isn't out of place when it's in the sewers - He is aiming to be President of the largest economy in the world and to arguably become the most powerful person in the world. I am not looking to gage him against the leader of the Philippines.

He is rude and arrogant and I like everyone else would be disgusted if he spoke about my mother, daughter or sister the way he speaks about other women. I have a feeling you would be the same if he spoke about any of your female family members in that manner ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This is all very strange. I didn't see the debate - I was in Germany - but I read the reviews in a couple of German papers and they thought Trump lost in big time. One of them even had a body language expert to denigrate Trump. I was working so I didn't have time to read many English sites but the Guardian also said he lost it big time.

But, just catching up with the news tonight, I see that nearly every media organisation who polled its viewers/readers about the debate said that Trump won with ease. OK, you can say Breitbart, Fox and Drudge are going to declare for Trump but he also had the likes of Time, Slate and CNBC declare for him.

Poll: Most Americans say Clinton won first debate against Trump

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he is a total psycho cuntgoblin. But equally I suspect he will win. Luckily congress and senate will vote him down ate very turn, dems and reps united. Nothing to see here . . .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you think that maybe there are a team of geeks in Moscow that have now been told to focus on the post-debate polls? I'm sure that Uncle Vlad would just love Trump as the next pres.
Absolutely.

Putin's troll factories are backing Trump online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here