Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
the hillary has dementia/mental illness etc has gone way too far.

I genuinely found a republican publication the other day claiming that she was DEAD and her body double is going to run for president only for her to resign and hand it to her VP.

I heard that Hillary's running mate,Tim Kaine, senator from Minnesota, would be a much better president than Mike Pence, governor of Indiana, Trump's running mate. Although I heard that both Kaine and Pence would be better than Trump.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I heard that Hillary's running mate,Tim Kaine, senator from Minnesota, would be a much better president than Mike Pence, governor of Indiana, Trump's running mate. Although I heard that both Kaine and Pence would be better than Trump.

Any GOP candidate since the 1964 election would beat Clinton (maybe with the exception of Bob Dole)
Any Democrat candidate since 1988 would beat Trump.

Basically any other current candidate from the current crop would beat Trump/Clinton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and here was me thinking that all our politicians were nutty

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Even Ford - the man who was described as not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time?

Don't think Hillary could manage that-she's too busy spitting wasps.No wonder Bill goes elsewhere (allegedly).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope a Trump victory doesn't mean some miserable so-and-sos coming back here from the US-plenty of room in the EU!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It would seem HW Bush doesn't think so:-

US Republican ex-President George HW Bush will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton in November, US news website Politico reports.
Mr Bush allegedly made the pledge to Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, niece to US ex-President John F Kennedy.
The former president's office has not confirmed the report, with a spokesman saying he was checking.
Mr Bush, who held office from 1989 until 1993, has not endorsed Republican candidate Donald Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37416721

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

It would seem HW Bush doesn't think so:-

US Republican ex-President George HW Bush will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton in November, US news website Politico reports.
Mr Bush allegedly made the pledge to Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, niece to US ex-President John F Kennedy.
The former president's office has not confirmed the report, with a spokesman saying he was checking.
Mr Bush, who held office from 1989 until 1993, has not endorsed Republican candidate Donald Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37416721

Talk about forgiving and forgetting. It was Secretary Clinton's husband, President Bill Clinton, that defeated George HW Bush for president in 1992.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1992

As of 2016, this is the most recent election in which an incumbent president was unseated, the last one having been the 1980 election in which Ronald Reagan unseated then-incumbent Jimmy Carter.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
14322337_10155201423975744_5462502942905255441_n.jpg

A picture speaks a thousand words as they say

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Every leader has failed the states in recent decades and they've done nothing for the 10's of millions in poverty...voting for Clinton is voting for the same old shite.
Trump may turn out to be shit or he may just turn out to be something special....for many it's worth the punt as things can't get much worse.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is an interesting report. Four polling organisations work with exactly the same raw data and come up very different results.

While this is nominally about Trump v Clinton, it does give some insight in how pollsters got things so wrong in this country. If there's a wide discrepancy on the data, before we start talking about sampling and whether questions are neutral, it's a wonder that polls aren't even further apart

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We basically find ourselves in a position where every political leader or potential leader in every country bar Canada and Germany is a dickhead. Doesn't bode well for humanity.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here