Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does anybody care about the chicken they eat

Is the way a chicken is reared important to you?

• Yes - animals should have a high quality of life before slaughter

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • No - the cheaper the better

Votes: 23 28.0%

• Total voters

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i always buy my chicken from the local butchers as they always say how and where it was reared - and it is never by the intensive methods !

As someone who has kept hens (they start as chickens, but grow old), I'm a bit sceptical about the notion that the freedom to run around will turn them into "happy" birds.

Hens are inately stupid - and can be rather unpleasant to each other. They bully each other, they peck feathers off their sisters, they attack featherless rumps. And some of them turn broody and miserable.

But, by the heck, they taste good. As do the eggs.

As someone who has kept hens (they start as chickens, but grow old), I'm a bit sceptical about the notion that the freedom to run around will turn them into "happy" birds.

Hens are inately stupid - and can be rather unpleasant to each other. They bully each other, they peck feathers off their sisters, they attack featherless rumps. And some of them turn broody and miserable.

But, by the heck, they taste good. As do the eggs.

I care about chickens, so I only want to eat mean chickens, so that the world will be RUN by loving and considerate chickens. They would treat us properly, and in the afterlife they wouldn't want revenge on us for eating their eggs. :whistle:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A mate just got back from the Phillipines - says that the way they eat eggs there is to wait til the chick's developed inside the egg first :sick:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Lovely, I was going to have an omelette for lunch, that has put me right off the idea...think I will have a bacon butty instead!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...naah, its alright, I have a healthy crop of rocket in the garden...some of that will go perfectly with some nice crisp grilled bacon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here