Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Mr Pendantic strikes again...You keep talking about the hypothetical Trig, I'll focus on real life. Williams is a better player than Dobbie IMO so Dobbs missing the semi's or play-off final is not something that concerns me.

In regards to your last point, the fee and contract has been agreed for/with Dobbie and neither side can change there mind now, this has been confirmed by our board. He is a Palace player in all but name, he just has 'officially' go back to you after 93 days as the rules don't allow him to play for 3 permanent clubs in 1 season but really he will stay on and train with us.

You say agreed, so nothing is signed? if not then we/you can pull out of the deal and he can be recalled / sent back I would think

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Mr Pedantic strikes again...You keep talking about the hypothetical Trig, I'll focus on the real life here and now. Williams is a better player than Dobbie IMO so Dobbs missing the semi's or play-off final is not something that concerns me.

In regards to your last point, the fee and contract has been agreed for/with Dobbie and neither side can change there mind now, this has been confirmed by our board. He is a Palace player in all but name, he just has to 'officially' go back to you after 93 days as the rules don't allow him to play for 3 permanent clubs in 1 season but let's be honest, really he will stay on and train with us.

I really love how all the Palace fans are privy to all the contract details of all the dealings Palace make.
How on earth does your board keep you all so informed in so much detail?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mr Pedantic strikes again...You keep talking about the hypothetical Trig, I'll focus on the real life here and now.
It was a hypothetical conversation you fuckwit. Dougal said "Kind of makes you want him to bang a few in as will f k them up when he is missing" and you quoted him and replied "Two words. Jonathan Williams". If Dobbie is banging them in, you would miss him when he can't play.

In regards to your last point, the fee and contract has been agreed for/with Dobbie and neither side can change there mind now, this has been confirmed by our board. He is a Palace player in all but name, he just has to 'officially' go back to you after 93 days as the rules don't allow him to play for 3 permanent clubs in 1 season but let's be honest, really he will stay on and train with us.
So if he get a serious injury, you still buy him? That seems weird. And if not, that means you can back out, so it makes no sense that only one side can back out :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In regards to your last point, the fee and contract has been agreed for/with Dobbie
Dobbie still has the final say on the issue should another club come in with a higher offer though. Brighton are duty bound to make him and his agent aware of another bid.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I really love how all the Palace fans are privy to all the contract details of all the dealings Palace make.
How on earth does your board keep you all so informed in so much detail?

They tell Glenn-Murray everything :thumbsup:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It was a hypothetical conversation you fuckwit. Dougal said "Kind of makes you want him to bang a few in as will f k them up when he is missing" and you quoted him and replied "Two words. Jonathan Williams". If Dobbie is banging them in, you would miss him when he can't play.

So if he get a serious injury, you still buy him? That seems weird. And if not, that means you can back out, so it makes no sense that only one side can back out :shrug:

The fact that you're having to resort to insults Trig shows you're losing the argument...You know full well you and Dougal were trying to point score as per usual by implying that somehow us playing Dobbie could turn into a negative for us. I simply responded by mentioning that in Johnny Williams we already have someone superior so it won't affect us even if Dobbie is ineligible to play in the final.

In regards to your second point, yes, from what I've read from CPFC2010 we will buy him whatever happens. Contract and fee agreed with player and both clubs and sounds like it's all legally binding.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What happens if we go up and Palace don't?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One half decent game does not a summer make. Palace fans are getting a bit carried away with this one - he's not the messiah, he's Stephen Dobbie! Any offer over £27.65 and we should bite their filthy hands off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No Trig, i wasn't. This is the problem with you, you think you're right EVERY time and that if someone disagree's with your opinion they are talking shite.

My point is that i believe Jonathan Williams to be a better player than Dobbie (who i still think is class), so Williams would get into my starting X1 ahead of him.

I would have happily swapped Williams for Dobbie.

Any idea how much he is costing you on June 1st?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In regards to your second point, yes, from what I've read from CPFC2010 we will buy him whatever happens. Contract and fee agreed with player and both clubs and sounds like it's all legally binding.

You have already bought him. He is merely on loan due to a technicality, in that a player cannot be registered for three clubs in a single season. Therefore, as he has already been registered with both Swansea and the Albion, the sale of Dobbie cannot go through until June 1st.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The pigs will fall out of the sky.

Come on, you aren't seriously still considering such a ridiculous situation are you? :D

If both clubs finish in the play-off places, as is possible, then only a fool would rule out Albion winning the play-offs.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You have already bought him. He is merely on loan due to a technicality, in that a player cannot be registered for three clubs in a single season. Therefore, as he has already been registered with both Swansea and the Albion, the sale of Dobbie cannot go through until June 1st.

Exactly El Pres, I'm glad someone else can see this, it's not rocket science really! Just seems like a few Albion fans are in denial as they deep down fear another Murray situation developing.

- - - Updated - - -

The pigs will fall out of the sky.

Come on, you aren't seriously still considering such a ridiculous situation are you? :D

Not sure why you think this? We could now easily meet in the play-offs given Boro's shit form.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that you're having to resort to insults Trig shows you're losing the argument
:lol: no it doesn't. You are being really stupid, so it's fair for me to point it out. We were having a hypothetical discussion about what if Dobbie was banging them in, and you say "you keep talking about the hypothetical Trig, I'll focus on the real life here and now." :facepalm:

...You know full well you and Dougal were trying to point score as per usual by implying that somehow us playing Dobbie could turn into a negative for us.
You're wrong, plain and simple - because when I responded to your post about Williams I hadn't posted anything to suggest Dobbie playing for you was a negative. Get your facts right.

I simply responded by mentioning that in Johnny Williams we already have someone superior so it won't affect us even if Dobbie is ineligible to play in the final.
Were you one of the jurors in the Vicky Pryce trial? IF he was banging them in, it would effect you. He probably won't be banging them in so it won't matter, but that's all Dougal was saying - 'if'. Why couldn't you just accept that?

Weird, I'm surprised that's allowed. Good for all parties if true though.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Williams is a better player than Dobbie IMO so Dobbs missing the semi's or play-off final is not something that concerns me.

Williams obviously isn't a better player than Dobbie otherwise Holloway would be playing him and wouldn't have made the Dobbie deal with us in the first place. What you are essentially saying with the above statement is that you think you have gleaned a more accurate assertation of your player's ability in the games that you have attended than your manager has who trains with him almost every day.

Now to be fair you're not the only one who completely fails to realise that your opinion on your player's ability is completely irrelevant because you are not and never have been directly involved in any aspect of professional football apart from paying to attend a few games, as a spectator, every month.

But don't worry you're not alone, there are certainly enough Brighton fans of the same ilk as you on this board that's for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here