Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So he scores a few for Palace and they make the play offs.

Wont it then be nice that we have a player back full of confidence on the bench in the P.O final vs The Scum.
On he comes at 85 minutes..................

You know the rest.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Wont it then be nice that we have a player back full of confidence on the bench in the P.O final vs The Scum.

You know the rest.

The main issue there is that you have Gus Poyet as your manager. Will he play him...

- - - Updated - - -

You know the rest.

The main issue there is that you have Gus Poyet as your manager. Will he play him...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In a worse case scenario where he breaks a leg he won't be able to pass a medical so the deal would fall through.
Which basically means he hasn't been sold, and it's not set in stone. As we found out with Notts Forest and George Boyd, if a club decide at the last minute not to but a player they can make up any excuse (not 20:20 vision) - so if Palace decide they don't want to buy Dobbie (eg, if he doesn't play well) they don't have to. Given that that's the case, if Dobbie is a world beater, we should be able to change our mind too (or up the price).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kind of makes you want him to bang a few in as will f k them up when he is missing
Two words. Jonathan Williams
That makes no sense. If Dobbie (a striker) is scoring loads for you, and then you can play him, how will replacing him with Jonathan Williams (who hasn't scored all season) help?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
That makes no sense. If Dobbie (a striker) is scoring loads for you, and then you can play him, how will replacing him with Jonathan Williams (who hasn't scored all season) help?

I think it's because they play in the same position roughly. JW has only started a handful of games to be fair.

My first view of the Dobster last night and I thought he looked fair/good.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
In other news - defender makes tackle and goalkeeper in tipping ball over bar shock.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

We normally play one or the other in the hole, just off of Muzza.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

You know the rest.

No chance. There's a gentleman's agreement in place that Dobbie won't be able to play for us if we face you in the PO semi's or against us if we play you in the final.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We normally play one or the other in the hole, just off of Muzza.
So? If Dobbie is banging them in, how is replacing him with someone that hasn't scored all season not a problem? You were talking rubbish.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So? If Dobbie is banging them in, how is replacing him with someone that hasn't scored all season not a problem? You were talking rubbish.

No Trig, i wasn't. This is the problem with you, you think you're right EVERY time and that if someone disagree's with your opinion they are talking shite.

My point is that i believe Jonathan Williams to be a better player than Dobbie (who i still think is class), so Williams would get into my starting X1 ahead of him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which basically means he hasn't been sold, and it's not set in stone. As we found out with Notts Forest and George Boyd, if a club decide at the last minute not to but a player they can make up any excuse (not 20:20 vision) - so if Palace decide they don't want to buy Dobbie (eg, if he doesn't play well) they don't have to. Given that that's the case, if Dobbie is a world beater, we should be able to change our mind too (or up the price).

Until we get the cash nothing is tied up but its a virtually done deal , Palace no doubt will end up saying it was only an emergency loan in the first place and it wasn't a loan to buy deal if he suffers a serious injury. I don't know what the situation is if another club comes along with an better offer for Dobbie before the end of the season as he is still officially our player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No Trig, i wasn't. This is the problem with you, you think you're right EVERY time
And you think you're wrong every time?

My point is that i believe Jonathan Williams to be a better player than Dobbie (who i still think is class), so Williams would get into my starting X1 ahead of him.
At the moment maybe, but if Dobbie was banging them in (and that's what we're discussing here) then only a fool would drop him for Williams.

I don't know what the situation is if another club comes along with an better offer for Dobbie before the end of the season as he is still officially our player.
Indeed. It feels like an intent to buy, but either side could change their mind.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I was under the impression we could recall him after 28 days .......is this not true ?
No, as the transfer has been agreed between the two clubs. Much like the Gary Dicker situation when he first joined, we had to pay a loan fee for him which essentially meant we got him in the summer.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
And you think you're wrong every time?

At the moment maybe, but if Dobbie was banging them in (and that's what we're discussing here) then only a fool would drop him for Williams.

Indeed. It feels like an intent to buy, but either side could change their mind.

Mr Pedantic strikes again...You keep talking about the hypothetical Trig, I'll focus on the real life here and now. Williams is a better player than Dobbie IMO so Dobbs missing the semi's or play-off final is not something that concerns me.

In regards to your last point, the fee and contract has been agreed for/with Dobbie and neither side can change there mind now, this has been confirmed by our board. He is a Palace player in all but name, he just has to 'officially' go back to you after 93 days as the rules don't allow him to play for 3 permanent clubs in 1 season but let's be honest, really he will stay on and train with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here