Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU think we'll see Vicente in the stripes in the 2012-13 season?

Will we see Vicente play for the Albion in 2012-13?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 174 74.7%
  • No, he's outta here

Votes: 59 25.3%

• Total voters

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Completely 50-50, with Villarreal and another Spanish club after him I don't see too many reasons why he would return to Brighton... maybe the "he owes us for getting him fit again" but it doesn't work like that and he doesn't owe us anything. He could quite easily keep his family (wife in particular) happy, stay out in his homeland Spain and continue playing on a lot higher wages.

But I sure hope this won't happen. :(

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Can I blaspheme and say that the club is bigger than any one player ?

Albion have put a marker down.We appear to have the player under contract for another season,so presumably we hold his registration,and he cannot play elsewhere unless that is transferred,for a decent fee.

Or he could do a Tevez and hone his golfing skills in Spain until he reaches the end of the contract,and at the age of 32 having not played for about 15 months sign for a top club in Spain.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Completely 50-50, with Villarreal and another Spanish club after him I don't see too many reasons why he would return to Brighton...
Well, he must have seen some reasons to do that otherwise he never would have.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I reckon it's in the balance. Having read the various theories I have now formed my own. I think we are close to a new deal with a few problem clauses etc. I think we have invoked this extra one year to stop us being completely blindsided by a total poach.

I think if Vicente makes it clear he has no interest in playing for us/ signing a new contract we could reluctantly release him.

We don't have the money to pay him 20k a week. If he refuses to play and there is an option to offload.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No idea

baby1.bmp

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Completely 50-50, with Villarreal and another Spanish club after him I don't see too many reasons why he would return to Brighton... maybe the "he owes us for getting him fit again" but it doesn't work like that and he doesn't owe us anything. He could quite easily keep his family (wife in particular) happy, stay out in his homeland Spain and continue playing on a lot higher wages.

But I sure hope this won't happen. :(

Why do you think that Spanish 2nd division clubs would be able to pay more than us? Especially in the current economic climate.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

The answer has been no since the Burnley game.
It's no distance to 'fall' when he doesn't, but a hell of an 'up' if he were to sign on.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Championship is a more attractive league than the Spanish 2nd division. And I did see a line in a Spanish paper last week saying that he wasn't keen on playing in Spain - perhaps the relative anonymity of playing here at this stage of his career could be quite appealing? It's unlikely to impinge in his personal life quite so much in terms of 'fame'...and it's less of a step down to deal with for a man who's known over there for playing at the very highest level. A bit like Owen for instance preferring to go abroad rather than end up with someone like Leicester...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Most indubitably :guitar:

rickywainwright

Dec 3, 2005
denton newhaven
:DI am worried now,we have taken the option of the second year to make sure we get something for him.
I would rather have him than the money,lets hope Gus can do the business.
Vicente please say yesssss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here