Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU think we'll see Vicente in the stripes in the 2012-13 season?

Will we see Vicente play for the Albion in 2012-13?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 174 74.7%
  • No, he's outta here

Votes: 59 25.3%

• Total voters

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes. He is suddenly going to cost £1m+ to any club that wants him, and would they take a risk given his injury record? Vicente and his agent would surely have known the club would do this if it came to it.

A negotiating tactic by his agent.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Surely he must have had some input in the signing of Bruno so one would think at that point he was picturing himself playing in the same team.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
shiiiiiiiiiiit, went to bed last night after receiving a text from my friend saying Vicente has signed for us, checked it on The Argus website and it was true. Woke up this morning and it's all a mystery again! :annoyed:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
voted yes through blind optimism.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
On balance, Yes, after reading Gus' slightly more positive comments in the Argus this morning.

But wouldn't be at all surprised if it doesn't happen.

60% Yes, 40% No

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I voted yes as I'm not a miserable twat :p

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes for me... this option exercise is just to stop other clubs getting a great player on a freebie... my hope (not knowledge) is Vicente is in the picture / knew this was coming...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes.
I have the upmost faith in TB and GP to sort it.

Maybe.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
On another thread, someone has said his agent said he's fine with staying and it's more logistics than anything else. Well, imagine for a moment if the club had NOT exercised the option, and he had become a free agent at the end of the month. Suddenly, the Albion's negotiating position is much weaker, as he can talk to other clubs and it's possible that one, either here or in Spain, would turn his head with a big offer. But now, the only club he can speak to, unless that club gives him permission to talk elsewhere, is Brighton & Hove Albion. It's a great move by the club, and the only logical one if, for whatever reason, any new contract wasn't going to be signed by the weekend.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Have i missed something? Didn't he sign for us last night on another 1 year deal?

shiiiiiiiiiiit, went to bed last night after receiving a text from my friend saying Vicente has signed for us, checked it on The Argus website and it was true. Woke up this morning and it's all a mystery again! :annoyed:

No he didnt sign for us last night.
BHAFC exercised the clause in his contract of another year. So he is now contracted to us until Next year.

Doesnt mean he wants to stay & play for us, just that if he now goes BHAFC will be due a fee.
IMO with the Bruno signing he is staying though.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
In the Stripes? Bozza.... You don't mention The blue & white stripes....??!!

Does this mean a yes vote could just mean I think we could be seeing him in the stripes of Newcastle? Southampton? Or worse still.... Notts county?!

Please confirm?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
No he didnt sign for us last night.
BHAFC exercised the clause in his contract of another year. So he is now contracted to us until Next year.

Doesnt mean he wants to stay & play for us, just that if he now goes BHAFC will be due a fee.
IMO with the Bruno signing he is staying though.

Thanks for that. Doesn't all sound too bad, kind of potentially a win/win situation. But I would certainly prefer to see him in the blue and white stripes again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here