Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU think we'll see Vicente in the stripes in the 2012-13 season?

Will we see Vicente play for the Albion in 2012-13?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 174 74.7%
  • No, he's outta here

Votes: 59 25.3%

• Total voters

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I would have voted no last night but am feeling more positive about it this morning.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No one knows the full picture, he may well have already said yes, but because he is in spain the paperwork has not be sorted, I think he will come back huge smile and be a super star. Im relaxed.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
No one knows the full picture, he may well have already said yes, but because he is in spain the paperwork has not be sorted, I think he will come back huge smile and be a super star. Im relaxed.

Would love to share your optimism but i think if that wee the case the club would have worded the news release differently.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I voted yes but f*** knows :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think he will get a better offer and at his age there will be very few offers from now on so on that basis and big no (however I hope I am proved wrong)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If there were a dont' know ...................

but if I had to make a choice it would be No ... the tipping point for me is the club statement. They must have known it would cause all sorts of speculation and "concern" and so if it were just a case of him not getting back till next week they could have easily have worded more positively (a la Gus's 95% statement) or simply not said anything at all. The statement for me is either a clear indication of problems or a very very bad of PR given the intent is to communicate. On the positive side Vicente is smiling ???

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think so, the contract extention is just to put off other clubs sniffing around. I mean a club now needs to come up with a decent fee to get him. Most clubs won't want to stump up for a player which hardly played last year. Regardless of how the season ended. Our contract negotiations with him are advanced. BHAFC are just speeding up the process.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really do not know. I assume he will and this is just the club exercising their right to claim compensation for all the medical stuff we gave him last year. If his wife has just given birth and wants to stay in Spain, who can blame her. I would have thought he could play at a higher level than us in Spain or Portugal so I would not be surprised if he went. Disappointed, but not surprised.

On another tack, I was chatting to an ex brighton player and they alluded that although there is a new stadium and all that entails, they did not think it was a particularly happy place ,but they may have been the experience they had. Certainly the inference was that brighton is still a bit out on a limb with no one close by compared to teams in the rest of the country and upping sticks and moving family was certainly an issue for a few players. I seem to recall this being an issue a few years ago where we have a lot of players living around the London area.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Am trying to stay positive, but think it could literally go either way. The recent setbacks to a rocess that appeared to be going smoothly are not good.

And I worry about the mentality of Vicente, who has spent much of the past few years doubting his ability and commitment to play, with injuries both real and mental. If this drifts into another set of complications and issues and problems for his head, it could all dent the likelihood of him just pulling on a fecking shirt and getting on with it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope so, there are not many players I'd want to stay here who are as high maintainance as Vicente appears to be. He gave me goosebumps watching him play last season, imagine how much better he might be with players around him of similar ability? With 95% of players I'd just say get rid and not be too fussed but I really do want to see him in the stripes again. I think it'll happen, there is a certain desperation to see him again that makes me vote that way. My heart is far more convinced than my head :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here