Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Lewes or Falmer will appeal?

Will any one appeal?

• Total voters

seagullkev

May 13, 2007
peacehaven
don't think lewes will. not sure about falmer not too sure if they can afford to

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
No, they know it's over. A lot has changed since last time and it won't happen.

I also don't think it's coincidence that the "Poo-haven" decision was announced at nearly the same time. Lost one, won one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
cant see a reason why not - so much has been based on ruining us financially they must hope that another delay might still do it

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Could see Falmer PC being petty enough to drag it out I'm afraid.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
If anyoneone does appeal they must now know the are fighting a losing battle now. Dragging the process out will not see the Albion fold. They will never win their appeal and the cost implications will be just too great

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, FPC and LDC will review the 'Yes' document to see if there is any grounds for appeal. If there is another incorrect statement, I'm sure they'll appeal, even though they know they'll lose eventually, it's all about delaying the inevitable.

However, if they do appeal, they need to be prepared to pay the costs if they lose, and I'm pretty sure FPC won't be able to front that up on their own.

We just have to hope that there is nothing in the new document which is factually incorrect, assuming there isn't we're home and dry

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Because they are a shower of shite,because they are a waste of time,space and oxygen,because they are a bunch of NIMBYs,because they are spoilers,because they have little or no regard for the majority of their constituents,.........they will appeal.

They'll lose,of course,but the battle for them is delay,and hope the Albion go bust,which they won't.

See you there in 2011,then.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't think they have a leg to stand on, the decision has been made

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes they will as long as there is process that they can use to delay, delay, delay then they will.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think Falmer will appeal. Theres no way they'll accept this until they have exhausted all channels or all funds.

From LDCs point of view they can now say that they have done their job and stand by the decision. Tossbags.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
If they do appeal successfully then we will begin a long drawn out appeal process ourselves,costing them yet more.
I think we're up for an appeal war.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am at a loss to think exactly what they would appeal against.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:annoyed::lol:OOh let's try and put them off that approach with a bit of bridge building :rant:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Whilst I'll be pee'd off if they do, if they want to appeal then bring it on.

The judge will throw out their case stating that planning matters on this scale are nothing to do with the high courts and that the Secretary of State has the overall say!!!

Me too. But ...

At this stage we still need to be cautious. To capture the time of the High Court, all that is needed is for the grounds of appeal to sound like they MIGHT have some basis.

What happens then is that the Court (not the planners in the DCLG, but an official in the Court) will set a date for a preliminary hearing.

And when that is done, the process of implementing the planning permission gets frozen until the legal processes are concluded.

The fact that - maybe a year down the line - the Court case might collapse or be withdrawn makes no difference. The project has been delayed.

Two things need to happen at this stage. The first is that the potential players need to be persuaded that there is no point in appealing. The best that they can hope for is that the decision gets referred back to the Secretary of State, who is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to change the decision when it is made for the THIRD time.

The second is that is that the potential players need to be persuaded that they run the risk of having to find a very substantial sum of money to cover their costs. The process allows the Court to require funds to be paid into the Court up front. This can act as a real deterrent against vexacious appeals.

And - unlike last time - a week after the decision, I've heard no suggestion that there might be any sort of substantive case that could be made against this decision. But, of course, I'm not a lawyer.

Whilst I'll be pee'd off if they do, if they want to appeal then bring it on.

The judge will throw out their case stating that planning matters on this scale are nothing to do with the high courts and that the Secretary of State has the overall say!!!

I agree. But it might take a year before the judge throws the case out.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Any single tiny little technicality that they can find. Lets hope HM Govt crossed the Ts and dotted all the lower case Js this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here