Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Lewes or Falmer will appeal?

Will any one appeal?

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think you may be surprised Algie. Certainly labour costs will be much more overall than those employed in Wales. I think it will be more than the predicted figure as steel prices have increased. There is also the site preparation costs and am I right in thinking that Liberty Stadium was, despite some unsuitable ground, was much easier to build on than sloping farmland.

I don't really know to much about the overall picture on the Liberty ground, but it does look impressive from the outside.

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

The roofing looks alot better as well.I'm not knocking Falmer but when you compare it to that ground it does make you think

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you think that any one will appeal?

They ALWAYS appeal. Them's the rules. Adds another n months on to the process, by which time the current Cabinet minister is shuffled up or down or sideways which adds another bit of delay. Nothing will change until LDC/Falmer have to start using private money and are no longer allowed to piss their constituents council tax up the wall.

I cannot see why Falmer will cost 50 million.Brighton council have given us the land and we have been given 5.3 million by Seda.The Liberty stadium cost around 27 million and to be honest looks better from the outside then Falmer and looks more costly.Also there corners have been filled in.Our capacity is slightly bigger.Is there any other features,facilities etc which is planned for Falmer that the Swans don't have?
The Liberty also has two score boards as well.Our ground is practically costing us double compared to the Taffs ground

Don't ignore the fact that construction costs are rocketing. Big projects are currently costing about 14 per cent more than they were two years ago. And it's a seller's market, with a lot of work going to the construction industry as preparations for the Olympic Games push prices even higher.

The Falmer project has road building costs that weren't necessarily included in the price quoted for the Swansea project. SEEDA's contribution towards these costs is obviously vital. The Falmer project will also include demolition costs at Brighton University and new educational facilities within the stadium that will be included in the overall construction costs - but which will also attract grants from sources that weren't available to Swansea City FC.

In summary ... a simplistic cost comparison between the two projects is comparing chalk with cheese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here