Is Gus Poyet lying to the fans?

• Yes

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 66.1%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He says he couldn't afford Glenn Murray at a time when he could afford £1m Buckley (good signing), £2.5m CMS (and rising, woefully overpriced), 500k Hoskins (crap signing) and Vicente's wages (great player, joke signing).

Do you believe Gus? Or is he a filthy liar.

Bare in mind he's already lied this week, saying we'd had a good week and almost have a fully fit squad" despite losing Bridge, El-abd AND Painter. This is of course understandable, lieing in a (failed) attempt to deceit the opposition. But if he can lie to opponents, why can't he lie to his supporters in a pathetic attempt to defend the most catastrophic cock up imaginable?

Trust in Gus? Bollocks to that.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
:facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Here we go again, King Troll starts another 6 page binfest

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you believe Gus? Or is he a filthy liar.

A filthy liar? Ooh, someone's pretending to be jolly cross.

lieing in a (failed) attempt to deceit the opposition. But if he can lie to opponents, why can't he lie to his supporters in a pathetic attempt to defend the most catastrophic cock up imaginable?
Is this all because he isn't returning your calls? You're wasted on Gus. Surely your beloved Sir Alex has you groomed as his successor?

Trust in Gus? Bollocks to that.

That's come as a shock. I always had you down as ambivalent.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Brilliant thread. Well done! You have made me chuckle very much whoever you are Withdean Wanderer :fishing:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I find it hard to accept that we let Murray go just for financial reasons alone. Maybe a judgement call was made on his perceived ability to adapt to the Championship versus him asking for a specific length contract. It's one of these things that we will never know.

I'm sure if Gus really wanted to retain Murray then funds could have been found.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice bit of fishing but try another angle for a change the Gus fixation is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bla bla bla "troll" Man U" "miserable prick" bla bla bla.

Already a few votes for yes and the poll has only been going a couple of minutes. Read into that what you will.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think it was bullshit. We knew we had sold out (pretty much) of season tickets by the end of the season so we would have been in a good situation to offer him a decent enough contract. I don't think anything else financially changed between letting Murray go and buying Buckley, Hoskins and CMS, and we forked out £5m for all of them combined.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
When did he ever say we couldn't afford to keep him?

He said he made an offer which matched what he thought he was worth to us and someone else bid higher. If you think he isn't worth the extra you don't offer it and he goes elsewhere. Moving to another club would guarantee he would be a success, in the same way that if he had stayed he would have been here at Championship level.

Murray wasn't exactly loved by some fans was he so its only since he left that they have piped up and said it was a mistake for us to let him go (hindsight wonderful isn't it)

This is old now and the time to move on has long since past

ps WW its also about time for you to stop posting your anti club / player / manager bullshit on here seeing as the only time you ever appear on this site is when you can run them down, you never post how well someone is doing or praise anything or anyone but what do you expect from a troll / Palace fan. It's got really old and boring now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bla bla bla "Gus out" "Barnes is shit" "I crave attention" bla bla bla

Oh bore off and answer the question. Frankly, I find all responses like this (about me, rather than the topic) dull and predictable.

Is Poyet lieing to us because he'd rather not admit to massively cocking up the striker situation? Yes or no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here