Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
And on railway stations - why the bloody hell can you not smoke if it's in the open air - OK keep the bit under the roof smoke free if you must but there's no point in having a ban in the open air now is it.

Bit daft how you cant smoke on a station but they can still run deisel and even steam engines through the bloody things?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
(1)Yes but you are not being force to share people's smoke anymore are you. (2)you have your smoking ban but (3)that is not enough for you is it ?. (3 & 4)You want to impose a ban on people's free will and not allow them to be allowed to smoke in an open beer garden or smoke in their own homes I would imagine. (5)Well I don;t want to stand next to someone with BO because they are so fat eating junk food they sweat profusely but I will put up with it.

1)I am when I am forced to walk through a crowd of smokers.
2) Its not my smoking ban.
3)You clearly have a lot of problems doing your own thinking, please don't do mine for me.
4)Debatable if an addiction can ever be considered free will.
5)Neither do I but just because you a happy to do so does not legitimise smoking or indeed any other form of anti-social behaviour.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
But where's the incentive for a landlord to have a smoke-free pub? If, like most pubs, most of the clientele are smokers then they will go to other pubs that allow them to smoke indoors. Moreso in the winter I would say. This would appear to be backed up by pub chains claiming now that they have seen reductions in trade due to the smoking ban. No pub wants to lose customers.

a couple of pubs i know were smoke free before the ban came in and have not suffered a loss of trade as others have. it depends on the way the pub is marketed etc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
a couple of pubs i know were smoke free before the ban came in and have not suffered a loss of trade as others have. it depends on the way the pub is marketed etc

Agreed. I guess there are a lot of landlords that do not have the business acumen to cope and merely bump up the prices or moan about it.

As a smoker (soon to be ex, I hope), I really do not understand why you would visit a pub less. I don't go there to smoke, I go there to meet up with friends. I would say that I have met far more people now than I would have done previously. Nice chance to chat to some randoms outside.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would suggest that anybody who reckons they're hard done by in life in this country but still fnds the money for a six quid per packet habit per day is a feral, pure and simple, and deserves f*** all in the way of sympathy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here