Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not since 14th February 1988 at 11.05pm .....not that I still miss them or have given up counting the days at all:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i used to and gave up one day. i still enjoy a nice smoke when at the pub with some mates and smoking can be very social, especially now we have to go outside as outcasts. i "smoke" as one might "drink" but not be an alcoholic. Its a shame its not seen like this more widely.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I was at the Sussex Senior Cup final yesterday at E'Bourne Borough's ground, and as a smoker wes delighted at being allowed to light up inside the ground! Not just inside the ground, but on the terraced (roofless) areas.

Made me think, how many NSC'ers are fellow smokers??

On a similar note, I was at Arlington yesterday for the stock car and banger racing and as a smoker was delighted at being allowed to light up inside the ground! Not just inside the ground, but on the terraced (roofless) areas.

Edit: And I saw Bakesy and waved :wave: but he didn't wave back :down:

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
i smoke and dont really see the big deal, ok so its not all that good for your health but neither are 4x4s and plenty of other things that are used/done in this country, no ban on where you can and cant drive/park a 4x4 though

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
No, it's a horrible habbit. I'm glad I don't. I also think that smokers can be very selfish.

No, it's a horrible habbit.

In YOUR (and many other's) opinion....So is morris dancing in mine...ruins the entire evening/day for me but I don't impose my will on the jingly jumpers who enjoy it, I go somewhere else.

I'm glad I don't.

Good for you, I'm glad you don't as well.:clap:

I also think that smokers can be very selfish.

:yawn: So can anyone. :rolleyes:
Why do ALL non-smokers ALWAYS make generalisations?:smokin:

I do smoke by the way and have got used to and understand many of the restrictions. I was hoping the final ban in public buildings would give the non smokers enough reason to stop bleating on about how unpleasant they find it.

Please shut up about it and stay indoors...you've got what you wanted.
Let's leave it there.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Had a sweet Cigar at my prom :cool:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
:smokin:I only smoke after sex................

so I have a twenty a day man :smokin:

If your man smokes after sex you want to either make him go outside or change him for one who doesn't.

You can meet some very interesting people on doorsteps, indulging in what I am quite sure is now widely seen as a disgusting habit.

My best 'catch' was at a transport event a few years back, when I spent ten minutes in pleasant conversation with Oscar winning actress and then Transport Minister, Glenda Jackson.

And during the Falmer Public Inquiry, I got quite pally over the weeks with Charlie Hopkins, lawyer for Falmer Parish Council and fellow Newport County supporter.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Used to be 20 a day:smokin:
Now down to about 5 when in the pub and only go to pub on Friday night here as every other night they close at 8.00pm:(

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I do smoke, drink, & occasionally partake in illegal substances - & I'm absolutely bored shit-less with other people continually telling me/suggesting what I should & shouldn't do in life. I have a great deal of respect for other people's rights & choices, but I hate the way certain people seem to feel the need to continually pontificate; judge & harangue others through their own personal prejudices. In my mind - rightly or wrongly - such individuals do it to generally make themselves feel a bit better about their own inadequacies. What a shite way to live! We are human: & consequently we are imperfect & fallible. We all inevitably do things that get on other people's tits. A bit of introspection goes a long way, imo. Rant over :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here