Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you sing Sussex By The Sea as the team comes out?

Do you sing Sussex by the Sea?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I would if I knew the words

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Don't be silly!

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
well someone either needs to post the 'proper' words or post a link.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I certainly do.

And I persist in singing the second verse whilst everyone else is clapping and generally shouting after the premature chorus.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I think putting the words in the programme would be a good idea if the club don't want to put them on the screens.

Heres a history of the words

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I try and sing in time with the music without getting distracted/swept along with the ever-increasing pace of the clapping and singing.

If I do succeed in staying in time with the music not the crowd I just look a bit special clapping at a completely different rhythm to everyone else. I can't win.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Going to get pelted for this one but I think we should ditch Sussex by the sea for the start of the game and get something loud and modern to get the players pumped before the start of the game...Lets not get rid of our famous anthem but maybe play it as a cool down after the game.

Most of the rocky 5 album will do!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
For we're the men from Sussex

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
The trick is NOT to clap. If we all sing it along with the music, it'll sound great. We don't need to clap, just sing... it's the clapping that makes it speed up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The trick is NOT to clap. If we all sing it along with the music, it'll sound great. We don't need to clap, just sing... it's the clapping that makes it speed up.

Incorrect. It's "we plough and sow and reap and mow"

:jester:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Among our little group we salute a la Benny Hill style and sing along with de de de de de de de de rather than actual words. Dont ask me why but it originated from Withdean days. I guess we look proper twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here