Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you sing Sussex By The Sea as the team comes out?

Do you sing Sussex by the Sea?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I would if I knew the words

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Don't be silly!

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I seem to be the only one belting this out in my area of East Stand Upper as the team comes out, so thought I'd do a quick poll to see how alone I am! :wink:

:amex:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WSU seem to be getting into the swing of clapping along, roughly in time, mumbling the words (or ner ner na ner...) until the chorus... when most seem to join in.

It is definitely getting better - but a long way from everyone singing the right words at the right time!

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nope, can't be bothered to sing it anymore, the ner ner ner ner's sound rubbish and then the chorus is sung 10 times too quickly.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I do, I think I'm the only person in my area that does.

The club don't like idea of words on the screens. Any thoughts on asking for the words being painted on to the blue surround in front of the home stands?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I do occasionally, but the backing track is in too high a key for my voice, no one around me seems to know the words and the clapping just gets faster and faster. :shrug:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes, there are three of us singing it in the WSU. I'm sure I can hear a few others joining in aswell.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Always. In fact I'm singing it now.
ALL TOGETHER NOW!!!.........

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Nope, can't be bothered to sing it anymore, the ner ner ner ner's sound rubbish and then the chorus is sung 10 times too quickly.

I agree with the comment that it is sung too quickly. It needs slowing down

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope we all sing the Stand or Fall (proper) version? ???

PG

I always want to sing that, but as soon as I hear "Oh we're going up..." I make sure I shout out the "AND WE'LL win the Cup" to drown out any dullard singing "To win the Cup".

So if any of you find yourself in the vicinity of an overweight, balding old man dementedly shouting "And we'll win the Cup! It's bloody And we'll win the Cup you pig-ignorant morons!" ..... come up and say hello!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Although it is far from great I did notice an increase in the participation of the crowd on saturday the majority of people are now clapping in time to the tune instead of standard clap-clap when the team come out and there are definately more people trying to sing along so if we keep going we might actually make progress on this one.
Perhaps we could put a advert in the programs with the words, much like they did at Wembley for Abide with Me on cup finals. I think the tide is turning but we need to get the words out there to move it along.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The first two verses were sung at Seaford bonfire on Saturday. At the war memorial a woman from the bonfire society started singing it gently into a megaphone and by the second verse, dozens of people were quietly singing along. It was completely spontaneous, and actually very touching. It's great we have a county anthem and it would be even better if more people knew the words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here