Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you really think Brighton is nice?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Ok tell me this.
Out of any South seaside town would you put Brighton in the top 5.
My list is. Sorry i can`t think of any there all crap.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
It's nicer than Croydon, anyway. Although that's not saying much.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv Brighton.

Lived in Southampton for a year and it's nothing compared to Brighton.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I like Newquay, thats a nice place if abit hilly. Brighton Beach in the summer though...tough to beat that one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nice is not a word I would use to describe Brighton.

Vibrant, lively, cosmopolitan, leafy (in places) cool - those are the sort of words I would associate with my city.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Same here, even though I have never lived in Brighton, I think its cool with its nightclubs the people that live in the city are intresting. Plus it has a wonderful footy team I don't think I would live there though.

Brighton rocks. All it needs is Falmer.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Large One said:
Do you know what the sea looks like, and therefore know what a seaside town is? :tosser:
Oh i most certainly do.
It`s usually lovely and blue and nice to swim in.
But from what i recall Brighton and the surrounding beaches has a shaded brown coloured water with loads of scum floating around in it.
A seaside town is somewhere you can walk around with the children and have lots of fun.
But none of that is evident in Brighton.
Sorry if my views don`t suit you.Tosser.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Millions of visitors over the last 200 odd years would suggest your opinion is little more than prejudice.

As for myself, I'll go along with the majority viewpoint.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Croydonbloke said:

But from what i recall Brighton and the surrounding beaches has a shaded brown coloured water with loads of scum floating around in it.

that is a very good point re Brighton sea and surrounding beaches (especially heading west towards Shoreham), the surfers in Southwick are always arguing about the state of the water. Its not actually dirty/harmful but just discoloured and murky, I'm told the Pebbles have something to do with it...not sure if thats true or not.
I yearn for crystal clear water round here, then I migth even get a snorkeling kit!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Croydonbloke said:
Oh i most certainly do.
It`s usually lovely and blue and nice to swim in.

Try changing the shade of your sunglasses. It was blue and sparkling this morning

A seaside town is somewhere you can walk around with the children and have lots of fun.
But none of that is evident in Brighton.

My kids used to have lots of fun in Brighton and kids are still enjoying themselves here.

Selective memory?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yorkie said:
Nice is not a word I would use to describe Brighton.

Vibrant, lively, cosmopolitan, leafy (in places) cool - those are the sort of words I would associate with my city.
HMMMMM?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yorkie said:
Try changing the shade of your sunglasses. It was blue and sparkling this morning

My kids used to have lots of fun in Brighton and kids are still enjoying themselves here.

Selective memory?
So was the sky but that looks awful at times as well.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Croydonbloke said:

That'll be the Londoners down on a day trip.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Croydonbloke said:

I was taught that nice is a nothing word and that there were far better adjectives that could be used.

I am sorry, I forgot that one syllable words are more in your line. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here