Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other? Please state

Votes: 56 57.1%

• Total voters

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Liverpool are my first team, a lot of family, including as close as my dad, are from Liverpool.

But still follow Brighton all over the place and still love the club.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Berwick Rangers.

It used to be Bristol City but got the hump with them when they didn't reply to my application to be Manager after Joe Jordan left so it's Berwick.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No other football league team and certainly no 'big' premiership team - I'm not nine years old any more. Having said over the years I have been to a fair few Newcastle games as my son supports them, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a fan - and I always wear a Brighton hat!

Like others I have an interest in a foregin team, in my case St Pauli. Also as a former shareholder I follow the fortunes of Bradford Park Avenue.

EDIT: Good to see there's a few other St Pauli on here!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why would anyone have a second team? I have no interest in any other clubs apart from local sides like Boro and Crawley etc.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The German side of my family come from Bremen so I follow the fortunes of Werder Bremen. I went over last year to see a game for the first time and it was fantastic. I'll certainly head over there again at some point, probably over Christmas as its a great weekend away, watching a game and taking in the Christmas market.

Since moving to London I wanted to take in a few Premiership grounds/games so I've been to Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham and they were all decent days out but nothing comes close to the Albion.

I like to see how Lewes are getting on too and have been down there a couple of times.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I also think a lot of people like United so much because of other fans dislike and jelousy of them.

Jealousy is an easy accusation to make and, in my experience, an almost universally fallacious one. I'm not nine years old - if it were simply jealousy I'd also dislike Chelsea, Barcelona, Liverpool (who dominated when I was a kid), anybody else with millions of supporters, good players and plenty of trophies. But I don't. And why would I be jealous of something loathed as much as it's loved?

For any Brighton fan over a certain age, the anti-Man Utd thing is much more about Norman Whiteside, Gary Bailey's lucky football-stopping arse, and a whole tangled mass of anti-football stuff they've got up to as a club more recently, rather than anything as juvenile and simplistic as jealousy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Liverpool are my first team, a lot of family, including as close as my dad, are from Liverpool.

But still follow Brighton all over the place and still love the club.

How come your shirt doesn't read 'Liverpool till I die" if they are your first team

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
How come your shirt doesn't read 'Liverpool till I die" if they are your first team

Because it's on a Brighton shirt, which i wear to the many Brighton games I go to, where I support Brighton as much as you do when you go to games.

As someone posted before, they hate it when people have another team unless they have a really good reason, can't think of a better reason then having the entire one side of your family from the area and been supporting that club for decades.

Last edited:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Eeh, I focus on the smaller teams around the area, but they're not my second teams.
Also, can't stand these people that say they support Brighton, but have man utd, chelsea, arsenal, etc. as their premiership team! grrr!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here