Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you give to beggers?

There's a foreign Big Issue seller, Rumanian I think, outside M&S in Tunbridge Wells. Why should she be allowed to be in this country? i imagine that she lives in a council house, uses the NHS and claims child allowance without ever paying any tax. Her only saving grace is that she is doing something useful and not sitting in a door way sniffing glue or downing special brew.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There's a foreign Big Issue seller, Rumanian I think, outside M&S in Tunbridge Wells. Why should she be allowed to be in this country? i imagine that she lives in a council house, uses the NHS and claims child allowance without ever paying any tax. Her only saving grace is that she is doing something useful and not sitting in a door way sniffing glue or downing special brew.

Yeah, well, I'm sure that statement reeks of not knowing the full story, and it certainly reeks of bigotry

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
got stopped in North St last night, usual spiel, "I'm on the streets mate, hopin to get a couple o quid for summink to eat etc..." feeling quite mellow after a good win I stopped and let him finish, as I was standing outside the co-op I offered to buy him a sandwich (I don't give money as I believe it simply ends up in the pocket of Brightons drug dealers, my opinion that,s all)
his reply was "I'd rather have the money" I informed him that wasn't gonna happen to which his reply was "do you know how many people offer to buy me fuckin sandwiches?" I walked away at this stage to a barrage of abuse and actually felt guilty! I wish i'd just done what most other people and just ignored him

I do. I work on the basis that most are genuine and that its worth giving to the odd toerag in error if it means the majority gets to the ones that need it.

Yeah, well, I'm sure that statement reeks of not knowing the full story, and it certainly reeks of bigotry

There's nothing bigoted in what i said. One should be made to work and not just sponge off the hard working tax payer. Anyone from overseas who wished to come and live in this country should either have a pre arranged job or have to prove that they have the finances to support themselves during their stay. This should also apply to British people going to live overseas. This country should not be seen as a Charity.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There's nothing bigoted in what i said. One should be made to work and not just sponge off the hard working tax payer. Anyone from overseas who wished to come and live in this country should either have a pre arranged job or have to prove that they have the finances to support themselves during their stay. This should also apply to British people going to live overseas. This country should not be seen as a Charity.

Absolutely true.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010

Im with you. Didnt see anything wrong with what you have said. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here