Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you give to beggers?

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3770346 said:
Female beggers make good DIY girlfriends that no bloke will ever touch, they're so desperate you can just take them home, give them a scrub up, put your mum's clothes on them and voila. Grateful for it too. Shame they reek from months of using old rolled up copies of the Mirror as a tampon.

Quality :lol: :thumbsup:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I only give money to the guy who begs down the road from my place of work with a paint pot with 'Beer and Weed Fund' written on it. I don't believe that these things are doing his life any good but I just feel that his refreshing honesty is better than some bullshit about 'needing money to get my train back to london'.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Occassionaly, but as a walk round town usually involves passing 4 or 5, most of the time no.

I always say, 'sorry, haven't got any' and have never once had anything but a smile and a 'no problem'. Really.

Hang on, no, there was one woman, nasty little thing who wore glasses and lived off western road who would beg and moan if you didn't give her anything. She was mental though.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I find it funny when people say don't give them cash, they'll only spend it on beer and drugs. What do you think I'm gonna spend it on? ???

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Every time I went to Brighton about once every 2 weeks.I would give the Big Issue person a couple of quid.Till one day I did my couple of quid thing,about 5 mins later another Big Issue seller asked for money.I said sorry have already done 2 quid,up the road.He called my a tight C**T.Never again I put money in a little pot now and buy myself a nice Turkey for Christmas .So thanks.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I find it funny when people say don't give them cash, they'll only spend it on beer and drugs. What do you think I'm gonna spend it on? ???

Are you a beggar then ? i assume your using a a free w-fi to post on here ?
Tell us you side of thing on how it works ?

Last edited:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Only bought a Big Issue once when the seller was a kid I used to go to school with. Had a long chat and he seemed to have turned his life around.
6 months later he overdosed :shrug:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I don't give them money just a set of handcuffs and a nice cosy warm night in the cells with a couple of meals thrown in for free. I think that's very generous of me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Find a reputable homeless charity give a little each month and this means you can do as you did but without the guilt. BTW think your approach was 100% right, have been in similar position and when offered to buy some food the guy was so chuffed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I came out of the chip shop the other night with a large chips, meat pie and a saveloy and some scruffy herbert sitting on the pavement looked up at me pityfully and said that he hadn`t eaten for 2 days.
I told him that I wish I had his willpower.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Get loads of Eastern Europeans in London, more so with Romanian girls coming up to you at traffic lights and start cleaning your windscreen even thou you haven’t asked for it. I just unwind my window and say- f*** OFF

...or just spray them with the window washers :laugh:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I came out of the chip shop the other night with a large chips, meat pie and a saveloy and some scruffy herbert sitting on the pavement looked up at me pityfully and said that he hadn`t eaten for 2 days.
I told him that I wish I had his willpower.

:laugh::lolol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I only give money to the guy who begs down the road from my place of work with a paint pot with 'Beer and Weed Fund' written on it. I don't believe that these things are doing his life any good but I just feel that his refreshing honesty is better than some bullshit about 'needing money to get my train back to london'.
images%3Fq%3Dneed%2Bmoney%2Bfor%2Bbeer,pot%2Band%2Bhooker%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D567%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=129&vpy=155&dur=672&hovh=268&hovw=188&tx=104&ty=129&ei=hkXFTP6LE8mCOrrEhKYE&oei=hkXFTP6LE8mCOrrEhKYE&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not as a rule, they tend to be too well dressed plus if they're smoking a cigarette, especially a non roll up the certainly not.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Occasionally, depends on what mood I'm in. There is a culture of rich-giving-to-poor in Indonesia, so try not to be an arse. In Jakarta you get asked 20-30 times a day in places, so it wears however. In Palangkaraya there's hardly any direct beggars, but a lot of people busk around the night-markets and I usually give to them, even though they're mainly students!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here