Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you agree with the striking tube workers?

Do you think the tube workers are right to strike?

• Yes

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 86 83.5%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is an honest question to those working on the underground.

During the week, I see a number of station staff at a particular station not doing an awful lot.

Just usually leaning against a wall by the barrier.

Now I know absolutely nothing about the running of a tube station and am aware that for safety reasons you quite obviously need a busy tube station to be manned.

But I have observed that there a number of staff who don't appear to doing anything other than standing around. I guess a bit like stewards at a football match I guess.

Does it take three people to man a barrier ?

If you are not working on the platform, driving a train, manning the barrier or selling tickets - what exactly would be the duties of the above people on a particular day.

It's an honest question and I'm not implying the station are over manned, I'd prefer that to the other way round to be honest.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The right to strike is one thing, but constant striking timed to completely f*** with the maximum number of people entirely unrelated to their grievance is outrageous. Bob Crow is giving the union movement a bad name, I can't believe he's still in charge.

I thought they were striking over the sacking of a driver, not pay? If it's pay, the arguments already put here have already said it - speaking as somebody who's had one pay rise in 12 years and is currently out of work, sympathy for them on that score is pretty thin on the ground. If it's what I thought it was, a driver dismissed for a health and safety breach, then they're hypocrites of the first order, this being the reason they offer most frequently for their strikes.

One more thing which really sticks in my craw is their expression of 'regret' for inconveniencing people. If that's the case, why do they always time their strikes to coincide with some large event in London and cause absolute maximum disruption?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes... oh sorry ! I misread that .I thought the thread was " Do you agree with striking Underground workers"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here