Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we miss McCammon?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sirmax2004 said:
we may miss virgo but without the money we got for him we wouldn't have carole or frutos who are looking like top signings. i would like to see big mac given a chance because we lack a physical presence up front and although he didn't impress me much last season, we need to try something to start picking up some points

sorry how do you work that out?

the money for Virgo went into the Falmer fund

fructos and carole came out of the playing budget

the full harris said:
Follwing your advice, I did. I'm afraid I'll have to suggest you also watch that goal again. McCammon makes a run which takes ONE player (looks like Cullip) with him. Reid (who makes the pass) is being attended by TWO players and Knight (who scores) has to squeeze between 2 players himself. Unless you are suggesting that a player other than McCammon would have not gained the attention of ANY Sheff Utd player, I am not sure of your point. I think even if I had been playing, at least one player would bother to mark me.

After the Sheff Utd game, Leon specifically thanked Big Mac for his decoy run that took away two defenders. Cullip was the defender who went with Knight - safe to say your future job won't be Albion's video analyst :shootself

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I haven't checked, but are the people that don't like McCammon the same people that don't like Peter Crouch? Are we looking at a case of 'heightism'?

On this I'm definitely with McGhee (and Sven) - having such a big guy gives us options to attack them in so many ways. I also don't think his touch is that bad - his biggest problem is his lack of shooting power - but I don't think that's why we'll play him.

On the subject of decoys, did you notice the way that the Argie defenders all went to Crouch when Gerrard put over the cross that Owen equalised from? The really big guy is a magnet for defenders and can leave the way open for others (Leon or Dean in particular) to sneak in. This can be especially important now that we have a couple of players that are good crossers. The ball deliberately flighted over McCammon's head to someone coming in at the far post (Hammond anyone?) can be a killer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
His 10 goals this season proves he is more of a goal threat
In a different division

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yorkie said:
In a different division

So like I said we would take half the goals he has scored. Thats still more than anyone here (Leon excepted)

mattieoo

Nov 17, 2005
in the cold
super, super mark, super, super mark...........................................................................................................super market trolley

he is got 2 be the worst bha player since 1901, did any one c him a burnley i woulde befer my nan than him

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
basil-brush said:
super, super mark, super, super mark...........................................................................................................super market trolley

he is got 2 be the worst bha player since 1901, did any one c him a burnley i woulde befer my nan than him

Er, I think I know roughly what you're trying to say there.

McCammon is nowhere near the worst player in Albion's history. Not even in the top 100.

As for your 'Nan'.

I've heard she's not all that (in footballing terms)

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Yes we do, we can't keep pumping it up the pitch to lil' leon & Jake the Snake.

If not McCammon then what about Zorro.

Pepsi boy can't win headers

:nono:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Think we will regularly have two strikers as sub for rest of season - and aim to do what Coventry did at their place last year re bringing on fresh legs towards the end - a bit of physical presence re Trolley / McP / Argie and lots of pace re Leon, CKR and Jake - and varying the combination will stretch defences throughout and especially at the end of games.

Ok we might not have any real quality ( Leon on form excepted ), but a bit of cover won't do much harm, as last season it was Virgo, Leon and Trolley only with McP forever injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here