Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we miss McCammon?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
I didnt understand why we didnt at the time, he did a great job for us and is exactly the type of player we need. El Turi doesnt seem any better..

Because he didn't turn up for training. He didn't even ring the club to let them know where he was.
There was a contract on offer but how can you get a player to sign when he doesn't turn up?

McCammon is physical, which a lot of the defenders are at this level and would occupy them which in turn allows space for the nippier players like Knight or Robinson then to get through.
At the moment the only way through defences is a through ball where either Knight or Robbo can outpace them.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
i will go along with that...iwo was not a bad player.

mcCammon certainly was a camel, however he is at teh momnet a better player than CKR

have you gone mental?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was fairly good against Leicester as well.

People made their minds up about him, when he was playing far from match fitness due to a tiny squad.

Give the guy a chance, he deserves it

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
mona said:
Ask yourself if you have a phobia about big centre forwards.
Was McCammon really so bad in last season's games against Gillingham, Sunderland, Sheff Utd away and Millwall.

I only went to the Gillingham and Sheff Utd away games and, yes, he was apalling.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes he does.

We need a striker who will get amongst the boots in the penalty box.

He deserves a chance. But as soon as he bottles it or stops then he should be dropped never to return.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We need a big lads head getting in there to latch onto some crosses. Even if just as a decoy. He must be marked and a tall player is bound to be marked by the best defender.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
McCammon isn't a great target man but he is sometimes more effective than CKR and Robinson. He gives us another option. We didn't have much on the bench yesterday - not wishing to be unkind to McPhee.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
mona said:
Watch Leon's great goal at Sheff Utd. Guess whose decoy run drawing two defenders made it possible?

Follwing your advice, I did. I'm afraid I'll have to suggest you also watch that goal again. McCammon makes a run which takes ONE player (looks like Cullip) with him. Reid (who makes the pass) is being attended by TWO players and Knight (who scores) has to squeeze between 2 players himself. Unless you are suggesting that a player other than McCammon would have not gained the attention of ANY Sheff Utd player, I am not sure of your point. I think even if I had been playing, at least one player would bother to mark me.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
But at least McCammon provides a physical threat which none of the other strikers do. With his strenghth and aggression and Knights pace and technique it could work well. Not great but good enough to keep us up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
Iwelumo provides more of a goal threat though, and imo uses his physical presence to better effect. If we had signed him on a free instead of Turienzo for 150k we'd have both options, and if we needed it the option of going with two battering rams.

His 10 goals this season proves he is more of a goal threat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyGoebels said:
His 10 goals this season proves he is more of a goal threat

And even if he scored half that with us thats still more than any other player.

Me missed a trick not signing him!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And even if he scored half that with us thats still more than any other player.
Except Leon Knight. ;)

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
we may miss virgo but without the money we got for him we wouldn't have carole or frutos who are looking like top signings. i would like to see big mac given a chance because we lack a physical presence up front and although he didn't impress me much last season, we need to try something to start picking up some points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here