Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do they actually give a toss?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Of course it's a problem if ANY team 'wants it' more.

But you're implying - no, saying - they don't care, and that they don't 'want it' at all. That's just plain bollocks.

Don't want it at all - bollocks? Probably.

In which case:
They don't want it ENOUGH.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Don't want it at all - bollocks? Probably.

In which case:
They don't want it ENOUGH.

I'm sure they care 100% and want it 100%, but they are not machines. They are third-tier footballers who are fallible and inconsistent, no matter how much they care and want it.

In my view, poor play rarely has anything to do with lack of effort, desire or passion but has everything to do with quality levels and consistency levels.

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
i dont think it was desire or wanting it more the fact was they were a better side with better players.
if we played southend again it would be the same outcome again and again. they played better football .
the biggest thing southend had over brighton was that they had a defence which just didnt just boot the ball like we do, they retained the ball alot better and all we seem to do from the back is hoof the ball into an area hoping that we might get some luck.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I'm sure that the players are hurting and will feel that they have have let themselves and the fans down, but the last couple of games have shown that there is not enough ability or depth in the squad just yet.

But hey, let's not throw in the towel just yet because mathematically we can still do it. If we fail we can look forward to strengthening the squad during the summer and hopefully mount a decent promotion campaign next season.

Onwards and upwards:ascarf:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
How did the retard play ?

Was he better than the imbecile or the cretin ?

i can confirm that the defence did NOT play like spastics last night

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The lack of passion on Saturday knocked the stuffing out of the entire season. We're just too easy a team to put on the back foot. Oh, and the young players like Elphick and Lynch are probably knackered and all credit to them for being this good this far. Hard to think of any excuses for the older pros tho. Just drawing their pay many of them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The lack of passion on Saturday knocked the stuffing out of the entire season. We're just too easy a team to put on the back foot. Oh, and the young players like Elphick and Lynch are probably knackered and all credit to them for being this good this far. Hard to think of any excuses for the older pros tho. Just drawing their pay many of them.

Which ones? Kuipers? Forster?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Southend showed what we were missing which is a decent dare I say attacking midfielder who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive play forward.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Oh my, not that old chestnut again?

I've seen Albion once this year because I got fed up with the shit that was being served, but if there was one thing that always stood out, it was the fact that the team never played for 90 minutes. It still seems to be the case, as I've heard time and again on here that we seem to only come alive in the second half or last 20 minutes.

Eh? You've seen the Albion once this year and yet your giving your opinions on how the team and the manager are doing?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Southend showed what we were missing which is a decent dare I say attacking midfielder who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive play forward.

I'd say it's more a question of width, especially with the diamond. I've lacked girth all my life and know what a handicap it can be ;)

...the young players like Elphick and Lynch are probably knackered and all credit to them for being this good this far. Hard to think of any excuses for the older pros tho. Just drawing their pay many of them.

I don't know what elixir you are on TH, but .....in my life I found I was rarely knackered as a youth! As one gets older you DO have an excuse for it.

If that's not how you see it - let me know where I can get that stuff you're taking, please.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Thats not really a reason for the defeat in my view, Southend have played the same amount of games and played away on sat.

Completely agree. That is no exucse. And as for being young and exhausted??

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
As usual you appear to be watching a different game to everybody else.

The first half they wore us down in a battle of attrition. Once they scored they poured forward and looked likely to score more. But this was down to our management not doing their homework, IMO. We should have been pushing up as a unit far more than we were and pressuring their centre halves. That didn't happen until after the interval. Second half, we looked the better side but still didn't create many chances.

As for Southend, I thought they looked a good side who may go up - but they are far from unbeatable.

We looked the better side?? Southend looked so comfortable on the ball, first half & second. Yes we were better than we were in the first half (not difficult) but lacked any sort of threat at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here