Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do they actually give a toss?

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Of course they give a toss. But they're a young team and they've played 11 games since March 1st, including Forest & Leeds away at the end of March. Southend played 8 in that period...

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Firstly - yes, we were beaten by a far superior team. I accept that. And yes, i know I moan a lot.

However, that was absolutely ABYSMAL. No effort, no passion, no hunger, no desire.
Only Butters and Elphick looked interested - the rest ponced about like absolute dicks playing for nothing. The Southend players were shutting us down like lightning, and their movement was first class. We stood still and backed off, chased nothing down, and I bet the majority of players came off without a drop of sweat. No movement whatsoever - no drive. Same on Saturday - pathetic.

A disgusting display - and unless they get SEVERAL kicks up the backside, there's no chance of play-offs next season either. The current lot don't seem to care. I would have thought 1000 Albion fans on a Tuesday night in Essex, making a hell of a noise and a great effort. Amount of effort from the team? Practically bugger all.

I bet you are getting no pussy action:D

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There was effort but seemingly little organisation or teamwork. In the last 2 games players have not worked hard enough off the ball, winning it back, covering & supporting.

yes, we played better in the 2nd half at Southend but when we had the ball very little happened until we gave it away. when they had the ball it often ended with a threat on our goal. I always thought that if we pulled a goal back, Southend would just go & score another.

Bad fan, maybe, but fans get tired too and I just can't get motivated to spend the time & money to go to Luton, a place where not only do we never win but we never play well either. Shame as saturday marks my 329th anniversary of my 1st away game and that was at Luton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here