Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do they actually give a toss?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fwiw phil, I was just to the right of you, and I don't think he was near you. Just some moany whiner.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Firstly - yes, we were beaten by a far superior team. I accept that. And yes, i know I moan a lot.

However, that was absolutely ABYSMAL. No effort, no passion, no hunger, no desire.
Only Butters and Elphick looked interested - the rest ponced about like absolute dicks playing for nothing. The Southend players were shutting us down like lightning, and their movement was first class. We stood still and backed off, chased nothing down, and I bet the majority of players came off without a drop of sweat. No movement whatsoever - no drive. Same on Saturday - pathetic.

A disgusting display - and unless they get SEVERAL kicks up the backside, there's no chance of play-offs next season either. The current lot don't seem to care. I would have thought 1000 Albion fans on a Tuesday night in Essex, making a hell of a noise and a great effort. Amount of effort from the team? Practically bugger all.

:nono:

What?!! ???

First half, granted, we were poor. But how can you say Forster 'ponced about like an absolute dick, playing for nothing.' The fella gave it his all last night, worked his socks off. Murray and Thompson, true, had another poor game, but our second half performance last night was a HUGE improvement on the first, there was movement once Jakey came on and there was drive.

Did you go home at half time?! :shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Seems like everything thinks we were quite good in the second half.

Not sure what game i was watching - looked to me as if both sides strolled about the park playing for nothing.

Oh well. :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think our players look absolutely knackered, and who can blame them?

Thats not really a reason for the defeat in my view, Southend have played the same amount of games and played away on sat.

This has been a fairly decent season and but for a few poor results could of ended in the play offs with a young side.

Roll on next year

I thought that Southend were stronger, faster and more skilful than us.

I think that they could well win the play offs because they are quick, play neat simple football, can score goals and most of all have a very strong sound defence.

So - a lesson in how to get to, and stay in the playoffs.
I hope The Albion will be able to emulate that.

Fact is, that DW HAS ramped things up from last season, and there's no reason to believe he won't continue to head in that direction.
The team is getting better, the manager is getting better, and our future is looking (a whole lot) better.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
First half, granted, we were poor. But how can you say Forster 'ponced about like an absolute dick, playing for nothing.' The fella gave it his all last night, worked his socks off. Murray and Thompson, true, had another poor game, but our second half performance last night was a HUGE improvement on the first, there was movement once Jakey came on and there was drive.

Did you go home at half time?! :shootself

Agree with most of that. Big improvement in the second half.

I thought Murray played better than recently, although not as well as when he first joined.

Elphick impressed again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought we played better in the second half than the first, but hand on heart, I never thought we were going to get two goals back.....or even one

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thought we looked very good in the second half last night. Both Port Vale and Southend games showed that Wilkins needs to get the team playing consistenly throughout the game. We could learn a lot from watching both these teams and Wilkins will prove himself a great Albion manager if he can develop our approcah over the summer. More signings like Forster will also help.

Overall the main difference last night was the finishing, both their stikes were well placed (on target) and the second hit with great power.

We had plenty of possesion and chances last night and need to put more shots on goal.

Really disapointed the team got themselves in position and the let themselves down with 100 odd minutes of poor play over two games.

Wilkins has improved on last year, so we all have high hopes for next, we can still get over 70 points this season and the young players especially are gaining great experience.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
A disgusting display - and unless they get SEVERAL kicks up the backside, there's no chance of play-offs next season either. The current lot don't seem to care. I would have thought 1000 Albion fans on a Tuesday night in Essex, making a hell of a noise and a great effort. Amount of effort from the team? Practically bugger all.

:nono:

Last night was extremely disappointing but to suggest they 'don't seem to care' is absolutely f***ing PATHETIC

Grow up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Last night was extremely disappointing but to suggest they 'don't seem to care' is absolutely f***ing PATHETIC

Grow up.

Well of course they 'care', or it would be pointless them playing the game. Wrong choice of words - apologies.

Do they 'want it' though? - didn't look that way to me.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Thought we looked very good in the second half last night. Both Port Vale and Southend games showed that Wilkins needs to get the team playing consistenly throughout the game. We could learn a lot from watching both these teams and Wilkins will prove himself a great Albion manager if he can develop our approcah over the summer. More signings like Forster will also help.

Oh my, not that old chestnut again?

I've seen Albion once this year because I got fed up with the shit that was being served, but if there was one thing that always stood out, it was the fact that the team never played for 90 minutes. It still seems to be the case, as I've heard time and again on here that we seem to only come alive in the second half or last 20 minutes.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They have. The other team, it appeared 'wanted it' more, and so 'got it'.

Put it this way - how do you 'score' three when you don't 'want it'?

Surely there's a problem if the team bottom of the league and all but relegated 'wants it' more than a team who need three points to keep in touch with the aims of a play-off place. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here