Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do people want Falmer to be INTIMIDATING?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to like the song about Crystal Palace going to Rome to see The Pope. Do people still sing that one?

Haven't heard that in a very long time. I'm glad the stadium is on the edge of 'scoomb and yes, I want oppo fans shitting themselves when they arrive and leave.

...and that the Hiker's is nearby. I don't want to share a pint with a fan of another club, I want a proper boozer that loves their Albion.

Must take umbrage now with this comment by FalmerForAll: but the introduction of the ultras has really turned our fan base into a joke.

Charlton's away support is a joke, ours is pretty good and also no more embarrassing than half the chants and drunken antics of our away fans - and is there anything better than getting blind drunk and making a tit of yourself once in a blue moon whilst watching Brighton?

A long-winded way of saying 'A'

....but I suppose the people at the frost seats can make noises at opposing players, and the stands will be filled with the sounds of stripey singing.
It's up to the fans to create an atmosphere, but lovely shiny new stadiums are probably a joy to play in for anyone.
We who turn up on muddy clumpy pitches to risk ankle injuries against other cloggers can't imagine the luxury of a predictable bounce on golf-green-like surfaces. I just do not like to hear ours moaning at players so they feel inhibited to exhibit their natural free-thinking game - or we won't be getting the best out of our own lads.

Chances are our first run-out at Amex will feature a (friendly) loss in an exhibition match of class from Lennon, Modrich, Bale and Defoe (to mention a few). No problem though, a taste of what we are hoping to become.

As for intimidation in the league this year, it'll all be about our own fans and the ability to get singing and shouting for our lads and against their players.

We might have the ability to become 'Frighten and Hove Albion' with a bit of home enthusiasm.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
We were there Kev aka Bobby Smith

Weeeee come from Brighton town, so get your knickers down.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly have you heard of the North Bank Highbury,
Shanks said no I don't think so , but I've heard of the Brighton North Stand.

There's a queer that plays for Arsenal, his name is Alan Ball but as for Ted McDougall he's the queerest of them all, I've never seen anything like it, in present or in past and there's nothing he likes better than a cock stuck up his arse.

We're gonna raid the sweetshop. - Sang in second half of a boring mid season friendly v Stoke- the shop in question being by the Hove Station footbridge.

In Brightons fair city where the girls are so pretty , I first set my sights on sweet Molly Malone and she wheels her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow , singing - clap,clap, -clap, clap,clap,- clap,clap,clap,clap Brighton

It's only ------ weeks till Palace.

Away in a manger , no crib for a bed, the little lord Jesus, looked up and he said.... We hate Palace and we hate Palace,we hate Palace and we hate Palace,we are the Palace haters.

You'll never walk alone.

If you go down in the woods today, your sure of a big suprise,
cause Jeremy the sugar puffs Bear has got some boots and cropped his hair,
cause todays the day that Jeremy joined the skinheads.

The whistling tune from the 70,s Bex Bissel ? advert

Na nah na nah hey hey hey Brighton.

Hey Jude

I can't read and I can't write but it don't really matter , cause I come from
Bristol town and I can drive a tractor

We smell a smell, of distant bums, over there, over there and do they smell, like f***ing hell.

great times mate

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It'll be all the things I'd imagine - prawn sandwiches, popcorn, choc-ices, and hot dog sections.
It'll have touches of Goldstone again, except without the cloud of cigar smoke from the West Stand

So true, god yes i can picture it now

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
That will / can / should change - we used to have a wider repertoire than most clubs.

This and this.. I really hope we move away from Albion as above.. otherwise we are A. in for some abuse from the away fans B. In for some abuse from our own fans

I guess we will all find out in a few weeks, shame if bennet leave too.. really like that song... william william Buckely runs down the wing for you.. da da da ???

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I seem to always be writing this recently; I can't be arsed to read the thread but...

I hope the Amex has a GREAT atmosphere

My favourite song is 'We are Brighton'. Nothing intimidating about that. Gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If the acoustics are good, which we hope they will be, I imagine the away fans will make a racket and drown us out. It will take a while to get all the singers in one place, what with so many season ticket sales. It will probably be a bit like the madejski

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here